AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: peteeds on December 29, 2008, 04:16:18 PM

Title: What a difference.
Post by: peteeds on December 29, 2008, 04:16:18 PM
Hy all,  Been out & about today, Invested in a new 22" flat screen monitor. wow what a difference, Re adjusted the map to the right hand side so getting all info now including bearing & distance also 2 photos & still getting a fair sized map, What an improvement RB just gets better & better. Also invested in a new comfy chair for the shack so all thats missing now is a coffee machine ??? she will be back in shortly.**** I hope. Anybody thinking of upgrading for a bigger monitor, Staples have some cracking deals on at the moment.

cheers Peteeds.
Title: Re: What a difference.
Post by: AirNav Development on December 29, 2008, 04:31:38 PM
You are totally right. This is the kind of software that makes a difference in a bigger monitor.
Title: Re: What a difference.
Post by: Allocator on December 29, 2008, 04:56:23 PM
Yes, a big screen is the only way to go :-)
Title: Re: What a difference.
Post by: AirNav Development on December 29, 2008, 05:27:43 PM
I like that one. :-)
Title: Re: What a difference.
Post by: pcochrane12 on December 29, 2008, 08:53:31 PM
OOOOOOOOH
WANT ONE WANT ONE NOW
Title: Re: What a difference.
Post by: Tailwinds on December 29, 2008, 09:50:07 PM
I have a dual 17" monitor set-up and sometimes I'll drag and stretch the Airnav map so that it completely covers one monitor and all the other info across the other. I open up my aviation widgets and my scanner software so all is showing on the two screens. The room lights are dimmed and Airband is on. It's awsome! Looks and feels like a mission control centre.
Title: Re: What a difference.
Post by: Murnango on December 30, 2008, 04:43:52 PM
How did you drag and streatch over to the other screen?
Title: Re: What a difference.
Post by: Jetcos on December 30, 2008, 05:06:28 PM
I thought I was really pushing it when I had my RB up on a 52" screen. (Wish I had my camera). That is a nice big screen and room!  I have just found a small screen to use in my vehicle that should let me run dual screens and is small enough to have on the dash. Looks like a GPS but let's me keep an eye on the sky and drive  somewhere. Pics when I get it setup. Too busy freezing in Canada with cold weather and high winds.

Happy New Year everyone!

Steve
CYYZ
Title: Re: What a difference.
Post by: Tailwinds on December 30, 2008, 09:27:29 PM
Quote from: Murnango on December 30, 2008, 04:43:52 PM
How did you drag and streatch over to the other screen?

By restoring the application to a small size and then simply dragging and stretching by the corners and sides to suit. No loss in visual quality at all. I don't do it that often because I'm normally working on one screen while Airnav is on the other. You have to configure and enable the Secondary monitor in the Graphics card settings of course. I mainly use the dual screen set-up when using my Flight Simulator (FSX).  Virtual Cockpit on one monitor with radios etc on the other.
Title: Re: What a difference.
Post by: bailey_uk on December 30, 2008, 11:34:34 PM
Likin the sound of that Tailwinds!
Title: Re: What a difference.
Post by: drskeptical on December 31, 2008, 09:09:13 AM
Hi peteeds
I could not agree with you more.
I also upgraded to a 24" (I went for a 22" but stuck my neck out and got the 24")
It has made a huge difference to using RB. My only problem now is my web site. Everything looks great on my monitor, but when I go to work and look at the uploaded images on the works computer they are way too big. Never mind though, I am alright Jack!!!