Anyone heard c/s Huron 93 declaring "a ditching emergency 2 souls on board". Trying to make Leuchars with an engine problem?
Any updates?
Tom
I've heard nothing, thats Tarbats neck of the woods not showing as on the forum. Checked callsign shows as a delivery'coronet' flight 2nd Air Delivery Group. I've SAR frquencies on but I'm not getting anything, I could be too far south with my antenna.
Yesterday a 'Coronet' group left Spangdahlem. Three returned to base and two diverted to Leuchars. Nine made it to the States this morning. It all seems to be going pear-shaped again today.
Tom
I wasn't monitoring earlier, but this from http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/raf-leuchars-f36/2-f-16-s-ott-now-saturday-t2353.htm at around 11:30am
Have just heard KC-10A 'Cafe 41' & accompanying F-16s on the box -
presumably heading FINDO-MIMKU - and it seems that there is a problem with
one of the F-16s as "Huron 93 Emergency" (and his wingman "Huron 95") have
left the formation, and will hold to burn fuel before diverting into Leuchars.
Further to the above c/s HURON 93 has an engine malfunction and is running in secondary mode with wingman c/s HURON 95 , both burning down fuel as they are still too heavy to land , they just dropped off the tanker prior to the IFE.
95 to land first. approx 10 mins before 93.
EDIT: Now landed. Photos at http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/recent-photos-f3/leuchars-saturday-10th-jan-f-16-diverts-t2358.htm
Isn't the internet just great!! And I thought it was only good for looking at naked ladies.