Does anybody around Aberdeen have the system up and running as I would like to view.
Thanks
I'm just north of Inverness if that's close enough?
Bill is your nearest user - see the map of users at http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=105277615186365824795.00045be4dc8f432ddcfba
Thanks Bill a bit far away. Do you pick up the helicopters flying to Oilrigs. Anybody in Northern Ireland have this set up.
Jon
Quote from: Duno12 on January 11, 2009, 07:56:19 AMDo you pick up the helicopters flying to Oilrigs.
Yes, see attached list.
And for info, I've attached yesterday's log of aircraft to give you an idea of what you can expect to pickup in a typical day.
Hi Jon (Duno12)
I'm in Bangor Northern Ireland. I only have the supplied aerial indoors presently but hope to change to external soon. Enjoy the radarbox it is great fun. As you learn more about the filters smart view etc it just gets better and better. The forum is superb also plenty of good advice availble. And Airnav themselves are pretty good at sorting issues and keeping us informed of developments. Only one draw back with this kit for me it's addictive and other stuff suffers, but what the heck.
John
Thanks for that Guys I actually fly for BOND helicopters and was interested from a personal point of view. The company is spending thousands on a program that does a similiar thing.
I live in Portadown and commute and will be back in NI next Monday. Would love to come and pick your brains John if it is convenient. If so I will put up my e-mail address. Thanks
Jon
Hi Jon not sure how much there is to pick others on here are much more adept at using the system, I'm getting there though. I have no problems at all if you want to see the system at first hand. As I said my aerial is the one supplied and inside so the range is limited presently. I am going to get an outside one but not sure just yet when I might have that.
I should add I am a helicopter nut I just love them. On my TV stand live four Corgi models. A Blackhawk, Royal Navy Seaking in Rescue colours and two Wessexs 72 Sqdn as was based here and a yellow RAF rescue one.
John
Duno12, given your link to Bond, you'll be interested in the conversation I had with one of the pilots 18 months ago about them possibly getting ADS/B fitted. Full story over on the other forum at http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4420
From your post that "The company is spending thousands on a program that does a similiar thing", does that mean that they're fitting ADS/B to their helicopters?
Ever since that incident, I've keenly followed helicopter activity in this area.
Not sure of the exact details but they are using BlueSky. Thats all I know at present.
Thanks Duno12. The BlueSky Network is GPS and Iridium based, rather than using ModeS and ADS/B.
http://www.spacenewsfeed.co.uk/2008/26_10_2008/26October2008_22.html