I've installed SquawkBox and it correctly connects to the Radarbox port 30003 output, this is outputting correctly when viewed with telnet, and I can see the squawk codes that do appear in RB in the telnet window. SBSPlotter works correctly too, so that's another check.
SquawkBox just sits there displaying nothing at all. I set a filter with 0-7777, show, active and still nothing. I don't see many aircraft with squawk codes showing, but not a single one has appeared in the SquawkBox window. Squawk code look ups work OK.
Am I doing something wrong? I have Vista, and there are no error messages so the .NET framework is installed.
Puzzled!
Make sure you've only got ONE program connected to port 30003. If you're running Telnet or sbsplotter at the same time as Squawkbox, it won't work.
Ah right, I hadn't expected that. Is that an RB limitation, I would expect it to be able to handle multiple clients from one port?
Yes, it's an RB bug. Only the first conneciton to port 30003 works, any subsequent connections get incomplete data.
Quote from: tarbat on January 18, 2009, 08:58:32 AM
Yes, it's an RB bug. Only the first conneciton to port 30003 works, any subsequent connections get incomplete data.
OK, that's explained then. I got SquawkBox to work this morning, as a single connectee.