AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: EGNXR on January 25, 2009, 09:35:59 PM

Title: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: EGNXR on January 25, 2009, 09:35:59 PM
Hi,

photo download now working but its emptying the database of info.
removing A/C Name and Airline / Operator details.
Just leaving the Reg and picture.

Now question is I've just bought a new laptop with vista as my old xp machine died last week. I had ANRB running fine for about a day before the server crashed.

Any help / direction gratefully recieved

MTIA John
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: AirNav Support on January 25, 2009, 10:01:13 PM
Bit confused here, as the GAS connection is not working at the moment how do those aircraft have details? Were they added by you or where they already in the datbase?
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: EGNXR on January 25, 2009, 10:09:46 PM
Hello,

OK if I look at MY LOG everything that had a full line ie (reg,type,airline,etc) has been removed as the photos were downloaded. If you go into database explorer it has removed the same info. I am just left with Reg and photo in the side bar + route info if broadcast.

Does that make sense

John
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: EGNXR on January 25, 2009, 10:16:05 PM
Hello again,

It just dawned on me. When I noticed I was recieving photos I clicked on populate in Tools on my log to update. As the gas connection is not working is this the reason it written blanks into my log/database
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: ACW367 on January 25, 2009, 11:14:27 PM
EGNXR

It sounds like you were manually updating info in the My Log during the outage.  The primary place to manually edit any info is on the Navdata database explorer.  That info is then pulled into My Log using the Mylog populate button.  What you need to do is manually update all info in the Navdata Database explorer.  This data is then pulled into the My Log when you use the populate button on My Log.

If you picked up new registrations during the outage the mode S codes would only be shown in My Log.  You would need to use the add record button on the Navdata database explorer, to insert full info for that code, then it will populate the My Log tables once you press the populate button
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: AirNav Support on January 25, 2009, 11:17:05 PM
The photo download should not affect anything in MyLog. As ACW367 has explained that data is pulled through Navdata.

There are issues with GAS and Photo download at the moment which we hope to have resolved in the next day or so. 
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: EGNXR on January 25, 2009, 11:43:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. I see what your saying about the manually inputted entries but its removed all the easyjet & ryanair from the navdata database.

Since I posted the first message I have connected to the network and every time it dowloads a photo it clears info from  the navadata database.

I have been reading the posts on vista and virtual files and have now uninstalled and reinstalled ANRB as suggested. Am now back to not recieving photo's, but I asume thats to do with the firewall settings. When I work out what needs to be done in Norton 360? I'll wait till I know the GAS and Photo downloads are all working correctky before I do anymore.

Any help with the Firewall would be helpfull as I'm not really that computer literate.As you can probably tell:-)

Cheers John
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: Bat 21 on January 26, 2009, 02:05:26 PM
I seem to be having the same problem

  only the first 2 fields of the database are being populated ( MS & AR ) - on new aircraft and what is more worrying is existing aircraft seem to be having their fields other than the first 2 overwritten blank
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: Typhoon on January 26, 2009, 06:03:07 PM
I too have this problem but found that if you manually download the photos and then edit the Navdata database the database retains the info.

HTH.

Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: CAM on January 26, 2009, 07:31:22 PM
Me too,  Of my last 50 aircraft received only 30 have populated correctly and of these only 3 have photo's.

I have double checked some on GAS and the aircraft are populated on there so it appears that there is some sort of intermittant fault.

I take it the populate button is only to add to data, to that received in my log when you are off line?

CAM
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: AirNav Development on January 26, 2009, 11:46:20 PM
We are still waiting for GAS to reply to reply to our contact. We are not able to retrieve data from their site and need their contact to correct the situation. if any of you knows anyone at GAS, pls try to contact them and mention this problem so we can have it corrected ASAP.
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: tarbat on January 28, 2009, 01:26:06 PM
Airnav, you could try contacting GAS via. PM to "cessna24v" on the Kinetic forums.

In the meantime, I have a database of over 32,000 aircraft populated from GAS, if anyone (or Airnav) wants to access the data - at http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/aircraft.zip.

Most days I take any new ModeS codes added to my Navdata aircraft table, and run this through an automated process that looks these up on GAS directly.  I do this by exporting the ModeS codes into an empty SBS Basestation database, using SBSPopulate to populate the details, export this from the SBS Basestation database, and import into my Navdata database.  It means the only "unknowns" I have are those not even known on GAS.
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: carras320 on January 28, 2009, 03:28:10 PM
I´m having the same problem as the folks reported, all the data is cleared while the photo is downloaded. What is happening?, hope this problem is resolved soon.

Edit:
Also some pictures appears as not available, but when you click on it, redirects to the correct image on a.net

thanks!!
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: Allocator on January 31, 2009, 10:12:45 AM
Looks like the GAS auto-populate function is up and running again :-)

Thanks Support!
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: phil zech on January 31, 2009, 11:03:09 AM
Hi All,

There still seems to be problems with information being deleted when photos downloading.

Clicking on a random flight in Network , without photo, will initially bring up Airline , Reg, C/N , Type , Flight No, however once photo downloaded only Reg and Flight number remain.

Information is being deleted from Database Explorer.

Hopefully problem sorted soon.


Regards

Phil
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: besty on January 31, 2009, 11:34:37 AM
Just populated 0D0437 got the picture, registration and ... for the type. Still not ok it seems. Full details apart from operator on the GAS site.
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: Allocator on January 31, 2009, 02:46:57 PM
Phil,

Not 100% sure what you mean here.  Do you already have the details in the Network list, except for the photo.  Then when to photo downloads, you have a problem?  When you say that data is being deleted from Database Explorer - I assume you mean the NavData database that is viewed with Database Explorer?  Or do you mean the data that shows to the right of the photos?

Can you run us through an example?
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: abrad41 on January 31, 2009, 02:57:17 PM
Allocator

He seems to mean the same as I have said in the other post you reply to.
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: Allocator on January 31, 2009, 03:02:58 PM
OK, I think that I understand - the data appears in the MyFlight/Network lists, but it's not being saved to NavData?  It was the "data is being deleted from Database Explorer" that confused me.
Title: Re: Getting Frustrated now!!!!! Uploading photos and Emptying my database HELP!!
Post by: EGNXR on February 01, 2009, 01:36:03 PM
Hi all,

If this helps the investigation process, if it writes the link info to airliners.net in the database it seems to retain the aircraft details. If it does not write the link then its erases the type/owner/c/n details. I've tried manually inputing the data for aircraft back in but if the picture link is missing it just erases the details again next time the aircraft is detected even though the picture is displayed.

Hope this makes sense  Cheers John