When external_host is assigned to a DNS entry, rbfeeder does not resolve it, but keeps saying it cannot connect. When it is the IP address, it works fine.
Would it be possible to please fix this? It's handy to be able to set a DNS resolvable name, especially in setups where the IP address of the host running dump1090 is not known beforehand.
You will need to contact
[email protected]. nobody on here can do anything to assist
Alan
I assumed developers or some kind of employees would be active on the forum.
I'll try that too, thanks.
Support drop in very occasional but this is a self help forum for users
Alan
The app "dnsmasq" may help (I have NOT tried it).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnsmasq
https://linux.die.net/man/8/dnsmasq
http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/doc.html
Another possibility is to write a script which resolves the hostname to IP address. For example using command "dig +short" in the script
dig +short google.com
172.217.0.110
dig +short airnavsystems.com
96.31.64.6
sorry for the late reply. Yeah that's a valid workaround, until a fix is released.