AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Tramline on January 30, 2009, 07:41:55 AM

Title: RB Aerial Clamp
Post by: Tramline on January 30, 2009, 07:41:55 AM
Hi, I've searched through the Forum to no avail, what I'm after is a spring loaded clamp to clip onto the RB aerial groundplane plate and the other of the clamp to clip onto say, a fence panel - basically a double ended spring clamp for use outside.

Can anyone help or suggest where I might get one or how others solve this challenge?

Many thanks
Title: Re: RB Aerial Clamp
Post by: bratters on January 30, 2009, 08:11:18 AM
Assuming this is not to be permanent fixing and you will be removing/moving it on a regular basis, a bit of DIY will sort it.
Couple of heavy duty crocodile clips - as used on car battery jump leads - and a connecting shaft between them
As there's virtually no weight in the plate and aerial, a length of stiff plastic, aluminium, wood or whatever you've got lying about would suffice. If you need one clip horizontal and the other vertical then a right angled piece of metal.

Bit of scrounging needed  :-)



Title: Re: RB Aerial Clamp
Post by: Tramline on January 30, 2009, 09:15:33 AM
Thanks Bratters, yes I'm looking for a non-permanent fixing for use in the garden when the WX permits.  Two Crocodile clips and a metal or plastic flexible shaft would be perfect but are there any 'manufactured' solutions?

I'll put my thinking cap on.

Thanks again..
Title: Re: RB Aerial Clamp
Post by: RodBearden on January 30, 2009, 12:09:57 PM
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.airbandonline.co.uk/kapl_sbs1_aerial_co.htm (http://www.airbandonline.co.uk/kapl_sbs1_aerial_co.htm)

Rod
Title: Re: RB Aerial Clamp
Post by: Tramline on January 30, 2009, 12:48:17 PM
Thanks Rod, that looks like something that could be used.  Has anyone used this bit of kit - any comments?
Title: Re: RB Aerial Clamp
Post by: abrad41 on January 30, 2009, 05:23:16 PM
Hello Tramline

Yes I have one of these's, Its ok with a short pole - Like shown in the above site, but if you put a longer pole in place it can get a bit flimseey.

But a very good buy if left as seen in the photo.

Andy