AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: anorak on February 01, 2009, 06:33:52 PM

Title: Bluescreen
Post by: anorak on February 01, 2009, 06:33:52 PM
I`ve been trying to keep the wife happy and use the RB on the wifi, but it crashes with a bluescreen error message,  idsvix86.sys      I sometimes get  tcpip.sys 
With the box plugged in to a usb socket on the laptop I can view all day.
Symantec have tried to fix but failed, I feed through a Belkin hub to a netgear router, exemptions on the firewall are done and hard wired from the router works ok, only happens on the wifi.
Should have external aerials rigged thursday if the weather holds.
Title: Re: Bluescreen
Post by: AirNav Support on February 01, 2009, 07:00:29 PM
The error messags mentioned don't seem to have anything to do with RadarBox. It seems something else on your system doesn't like the wifi.
Title: Re: Bluescreen
Post by: anorak on February 01, 2009, 07:15:09 PM
I wish some one could tell me what it is. ( Radar box works fine, can`t fault it, just wish I could take it around the place. )
Title: Re: Bluescreen
Post by: jfl on February 01, 2009, 07:23:12 PM
idsvix86.sys is a file related to Symantec software.
tcpip.sys is a core part of Windows and has to do with network traffic.

I'd imagine that Symantec is doing some sort of filtering or scanning and for whatever reason RadarBox causes it to crash. I'd look into running the Symantec Removal Tool (http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039), rebooting, and installing an alternative antivirus (I suggest Avira AntiVir (link to free version (http://www.download.com/Avira-AntiVir-Personal-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10322935.html?tag=mncol)) or NOD32 (link to free beta version (http://www.eset.eu/download/beta)).
Title: Re: Bluescreen
Post by: anorak on February 01, 2009, 10:37:30 PM
Thanks jfi. Symantec tried to fix it today but didn`t resolve it, so it looks like windows is the next approach.