AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: bexil on February 05, 2009, 04:25:07 PM

Title: Vista Problem ANRB stopped working
Post by: bexil on February 05, 2009, 04:25:07 PM
Hi all, Just recently purchased RadarBox  and installed program as suggested for Vista, but while closing other programs in use on my computer i get the message (ANRB.exe has stopped working). doesnt happen all the time just annoying when it does, has anyone else encountered this problem.

Im running a AMD 64bit Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20GHz and 4Gb of Ram and 32 bit Vista Operating System
Title: Re: Vista Problem ANRB stopped working
Post by: tarbat on February 05, 2009, 05:16:22 PM
First thing to check.  Are you running the latest 2009 (v2.0) version of the Radarbox software?
Title: Re: Vista Problem ANRB stopped working
Post by: bexil on February 05, 2009, 06:15:10 PM
Hi Thanks for the reply
Yes I am using AirNav RadarBox 2009
Software version 2.01 2008/08/20 20:03
Firmware Verion 02.03.1
Title: Re: Vista Problem ANRB stopped working
Post by: dca on February 05, 2009, 09:33:37 PM
Hi Bexil, Happens to me frequently, I'm running 2009 on 64bit vista. Must be a South East thing! It is very annoying though, particularly as I like to leave it running for long periods, overnight etc.
Title: Re: Vista Problem ANRB stopped working
Post by: Fenris on February 05, 2009, 09:41:04 PM
Quote from: dca on February 05, 2009, 09:33:37 PM
Hi Bexil, Happens to me frequently, I'm running 2009 on 64bit vista. Must be a South East thing! It is very annoying though, particularly as I like to leave it running for long periods, overnight etc.

I had an instance of this with 32 bit Vista last weekend, it was essentially as if the driver had lost communications with the hardware, it required the USB lead to be cycled in the PC and then it sprang to life again.
Title: Re: Vista Problem ANRB stopped working
Post by: bexil on February 05, 2009, 10:00:27 PM
Glad to know its not just me, i have set the program to run as administrator and ran vista verifier to check if i have any unsigned drivers causing problems. doesn't do it with every program just seems to be random, will have to see if new software release picks this up.
I also run the SBS from time to time and dont have problems with that
Title: Re: Vista Problem ANRB stopped working
Post by: Jollygreen on February 06, 2009, 02:45:12 PM
I have had my ANRB running since 6:00 am this morning and all of a sudden I keep getting a "Hardware Disconnected" message. This has happened 5 time now in the last two hours.

BTW running it on Windows XP

Any suggestions?
Title: Re: Vista Problem ANRB stopped working
Post by: EGNXR on February 06, 2009, 03:09:46 PM
I had similar problem. I disabled the power save mode and sleep mode.

GO TO Control Panel > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings:-

Change > Turn off display in plugged in to NEVER
Change > Computer to Sleep plugged in to NEVER

The settings for Battery Power I left at default

Then Save Changes

This cured the problem I had leaving it running 24/7

Hope this helps John
Title: Re: Vista Problem ANRB stopped working
Post by: bexil on February 06, 2009, 11:54:58 PM
Hi all
I have  noticed from some of the replies that you are getting a hardware "disconnected message" not sure if this the same thing I am refering to, what I actually get is a pop up box with "ANRB.exe has stopped working" and the whole AirNav program has shutdown and has to be restarted and it is only
happens when closing down another program like Internet Explorer