AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: EGNXR on February 05, 2009, 10:19:49 PM

Title: Anomaly on Polar diagram
Post by: EGNXR on February 05, 2009, 10:19:49 PM
I keep getting a strange spike on my polar diagram from the middle of Spain. I have reset my Polar diagram twice now and ended up with the spike in the same place 3 times.
See attached GIF's. 1 @ 22:19 4th feb, 2 @ 18:41 5th feb. Its coming from a position near  Getafe (LEGT).


1 http://www.flickr.com/photos/egnxr/3256776620

2 http://www.flickr.com/photos/egnxr/3256771810

I can understand a rogue signal once but 3 times from the same location? and its well outside the range i should be picking up at.

Just for info standard RB set up with aerial outside bedroom window @ gutter hight.
Title: Re: Anomaly on Polar diagram
Post by: viking9 on February 05, 2009, 11:02:01 PM
I've had a spike to the same position a number of times too. I put it down to tropospheric ducting but of course I'm just guessing. I've never seen an associated aircraft.

Tom
Title: Re: Anomaly on Polar diagram
Post by: Kism3t on February 06, 2009, 05:32:17 PM
Iv had the same a few times, they only last a few seconds, the one below did show ADS-B but disappeared just as I took the screen shot, you can see it was 2432 miles away :) (Thought it was my lucky day) :)

I put it down as a little glitch because of the max range, curvature of the earth etc...

but no idea :) i see it as a bit of a bonus if I'm actually picking them up that far away :)

Link: http://www.ihubbard.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/untitled2.JPG (http://www.ihubbard.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/untitled2.JPG)