AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Canonjohns40D on February 10, 2009, 12:45:32 AM

Title: Can't be correct, a Mig!!!
Post by: Canonjohns40D on February 10, 2009, 12:45:32 AM
Hi everyone

Can anyone help explain this please?

380D3B CTM1015 418 A310 Poland - Air Force 2009/02/09 12:24:18 The picture was off aMig!!! I'm assuming  amiscode but any advice welcome please.

John
Title: Re: Can't be correct, a Mig!!!
Post by: RodBearden on February 10, 2009, 12:54:59 AM
Hi John

According to Airframes.org, 380D3B is A French Air Force Airbus A310 also known as F-RADC. Unfortunately, and you get this with many of these short military codes, its French military registration is its construction number, 418.

418 is obviously used as a code by other air forces including Poland - hence the photos, which are gererated by the registration, not the Mode S code.

You can get photos of the correct aircraft from Airliners.net and replace the MiG photos with them if you want - I've had to do this with many French and German military aircraft.

Hope that helps.

Rod

Title: Re: Can't be correct, a Mig!!!
Post by: Canonjohns40D on February 10, 2009, 08:10:28 AM
Hi Rod thanks again for the assistance. I'll give a go to replacing these. Funnily enought it also happens with one of the Irish Air Corp aircraft as well. I'm learning everyday not a bad thing at my age!!! Cheers

John
Title: Re: Can't be correct, a Mig!!!
Post by: Markus48 on February 10, 2009, 01:10:07 PM

Speaking of MIG's I have a local civilian MIG-21 here in US that owner
takes up for Sunday morning flights from time to time.Shows up on
mode s but not full mode.
Was up this past Sunday for usual climb to 10k and circling for 20 min
or so then lands... Noisy jet! I usally hear him first.
Based at KILG.

(A04584)  N1165  MIKOYAN GUREVICH MIG 21 UM
Migs Of Delaware Llc  2009/02/08 15:16:03z

Mark
Maryland USA
Title: Re: Can't be correct, a Mig!!!
Post by: RodBearden on February 10, 2009, 05:20:01 PM
Hi Mark - lucky you - the most interesting aircraft round here (Chorley, Lancashire) is a Cessna 172 - mind you, it does have full ADS-B, so you can watch it on the network!

Rod