AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: GreekSpy2001 on February 10, 2009, 09:29:43 AM

Title: Short aircraft type
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on February 10, 2009, 09:29:43 AM
In my database I have a lot of short aircraft types that are presented by three dots eg ...

Looking the corresponding hex code up at GAS all the correct info exists there.  Not sure why they have been populated like this maybe these entered my db before the info was available from GAS?

Now how do I go about correcting these?  Could I just delete the records and they would get auto populated if and when they next get picked up?  There are far to many for me to update manually and to be honest I don't have the time to do that.

Thanks

Graham
Title: Re: Short aircraft type
Post by: tarbat on February 10, 2009, 09:39:00 AM
I don't think just deleting them will help, unless Airnav update their central database as well.

Approx. once per week I follow this procedure to correct all the duff data - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1489.msg11716#msg11716

I now have a Navdata database of >32000 aircraft, none of which have "..." in the ICAO type code - http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/aircraft.zip
Title: Re: Short aircraft type
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on February 10, 2009, 12:10:26 PM
OK I'll give this a try

thanks

Graham