AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Blueboy on January 29, 2019, 01:13:39 PM

Title: Radarbox issues
Post by: Blueboy on January 29, 2019, 01:13:39 PM
Hi, I'm having issues with my Radarbox, it keeps cutting out for a few seconds every few minutes - ie the power light stays on but the USB and Signal lights go blank. When this happens it also affects other programs open on PC (internet, Excel etc). I'm thinking it needs to be repaired - I forget the name of the company (something Watson?) who do repairs.

J.D
Title: Re: Radarbox issues
Post by: Runway 31 on January 29, 2019, 01:21:32 PM
Its Waters and Stanton, don't know if they still do repairs https://hamradiostore.co.uk/

Probably a lot cheaper to get a dongle for $9.95 http://www.airnavsystems.com/adsb-receivers/radarbox-flightstick

Alan
Title: Re: Radarbox issues
Post by: Blueboy on January 29, 2019, 01:36:54 PM
Hi Alan, thanks for your quick reply - If I go with the Dongle option is it just a case of unplugging the Radarbox and plugging in the Dongle (I have version 6.01.001 installed) or do you have to delete ANRB from PC and re-install ?

J.D
Title: Re: Radarbox issues
Post by: Runway 31 on January 29, 2019, 02:21:28 PM
Should just be a matter of plugging it in.  I have one in the post to me just now.  Do you use the network or just MyFlights

Maybe an email to support describing your issue to them may get some advice

Alan
Title: Re: Radarbox issues
Post by: Blueboy on January 29, 2019, 02:47:30 PM
Hi Alan, Thanks again - I use the Network - I'll E-mail Support and see what they advise

J.D
Title: Re: Radarbox issues
Post by: Runway 31 on January 29, 2019, 02:50:50 PM
Can you advise what happens up you switch off the network

Alan
Title: Re: Radarbox issues
Post by: Blueboy on January 29, 2019, 03:39:58 PM
Hi Alan, I've now had the Network disconnected for ~30mins and there has been no cutting out!! A bit of a result but what does that mean?

J.D
Title: Re: Radarbox issues
Post by: Runway 31 on January 29, 2019, 06:04:23 PM
To mean it means that the network is causing the issue, please advise support and I will do likewise

Alan
Title: Re: Radarbox issues
Post by: Blueboy on January 29, 2019, 07:38:00 PM
Hi Alan, I've corresponded with Support and they think my PC may now not be up to the job (memory, processing speed etc). They suggested going into preference and increase the refresh time. I've done this and it seems to help, I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for your help and advice

J.D
Title: Re: Radarbox issues
Post by: Runway 31 on January 30, 2019, 08:38:15 AM
Thanks for the info JD, haven't checked my emails yet so I will let you know any reply

Alan