AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: QF1 on February 15, 2009, 06:18:14 AM

Title: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: QF1 on February 15, 2009, 06:18:14 AM

I think that this question was raised before, but there did not seem to be an answer provided.
Is it possible to shorten (or lengthen) the length of the path vector.  In a crowded laptop screen it would be helpful to be able to shorten.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: Allocator on February 15, 2009, 09:40:39 AM
I switch them off altogether - I just use the history trials as this gives a much cleaner picture.
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: colinhall on February 15, 2009, 06:26:20 PM
Hi Allocator
How do you switch these off, cos like you I think it would be better.

Colin.
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: tarbat on February 15, 2009, 06:31:18 PM
In Preferences, theres a tick box for "draw path vector".
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: colinhall on February 15, 2009, 06:42:11 PM
Tarbat,   
Thanks for that,will put that into action Monday afternoon when the next time Iuse it.
Colin.
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: lambertw on February 15, 2009, 07:25:54 PM
How do you use history trails.
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: RodBearden on February 15, 2009, 07:50:52 PM
I assume we're talking about the "Trail Lines" that can be adjusted in File...Preferences.

BTW does everyone realise that the path vector lines are proportional to the aircraft speed - the longer the line, the faster the aircraft?

Rod
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: lambertw on February 15, 2009, 08:01:47 PM
I'm with it now thanks,got wrong end of  things for a mo.
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: QF1 on February 15, 2009, 09:34:05 PM
Hi Rod

Thanks for that - I wasn't aware that the path vector changed according to a/c speed.

I am finding that the trails on network data don't really show up that well.  Usually the "dots" are well spaced because of the length of time between updates, so it is difficult to see at a glance which direction teh a/c is heading.  However I have found by changing the "image" to an aircraft, rather than the square helps. 

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers
Mark
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: RodBearden on February 15, 2009, 09:47:40 PM
Hi Mark

You can change the colours of the flight trails in File...Preferences on the colour tab - any colour you like!

Rod
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: marcdeklerk on March 05, 2009, 09:13:15 AM
Airnav could you add the squawk codes aswell into the Daily log reports? In south africa where I am most helicopters squawk 2600, so it would be easy to identify a new mode S code as a helicopter
thanks in advance
Title: Re: Is is possible to adjust length of path vector?
Post by: Allocator on March 05, 2009, 12:41:15 PM
That's only going to work if the aircraft keeps the same squawk - which is certainly not the case for many aircraft.  It's not fixed like the Mode S.