AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: CanadaKen on February 15, 2009, 06:22:27 PM

Title: Canadian RadarBox buyers
Post by: CanadaKen on February 15, 2009, 06:22:27 PM
If you ordered your RadarBox from outside of Canada did you have to pay....

A-GST?

B-PST?

C-Any type of Duty? (Excise tax)

Thanks
CK

Title: Re: Canadian RadarBox buyers
Post by: prbflight on February 15, 2009, 08:02:58 PM
Hi CanadaKen,

I paid $799 US for the RadaBox in July 2007.  The unit was shipped from Portugal.  When the Fedex package arrived I had to pay the delivery man $57.01 (CAN) GST and $76.02 (CAN) PST and $7.00 plus .42 cents gst (CAN) for a RODFEE??? for a total of $140.45 (CAN).  He told me he was surprised because a lot of the packages he delivers seem to get through customs ok.  Some do, some don't.  Mine did not.  There is now a Canadian distributer here in Ontario.  Hope that helps.

Paul@cyyb

Title: Re: Canadian RadarBox buyers
Post by: CanadaKen on February 15, 2009, 08:07:18 PM
That's just about what I thought, thanks Paul.

Ken
Title: Re: Canadian RadarBox buyers
Post by: AirNav Development on February 15, 2009, 08:22:28 PM
All units are now shipped from our warehouse in Germany or one of the dozens of dealers all over the world. It is always easier to buy from a local dealer. There is a dealer in Canada. Also all units are now shipped with the latest 2009 software.
Title: Re: Canadian RadarBox buyers
Post by: CanadaKen on February 15, 2009, 09:09:41 PM
Quote from: AirNav Development on February 15, 2009, 08:22:28 PM
All units are now shipped from our warehouse in Germany or one of the dozens of dealers all over the world. It is always easier to buy from a local dealer. There is a dealer in Canada. Also all units are now shipped with the latest 2009 software.

That may be very true but by buying it in the UK and adding all the taxes when
it arrives in Canada I will still save over $100 compared to the Canadian
distributor's price.

Money talks as they say. :-)

Ken
Title: Re: Canadian RadarBox buyers
Post by: naird on February 15, 2009, 09:32:18 PM
JUST To let you know:

I got my box frm ACS in Pennsylvania (shipped from Georgia via Florida!) My cost was C$790.24  came with  2007 software - paid another C$88.00 at the door which went to Canada Customs and some of course to Canada Post Total bill  $878. 24 Canadian! I should have waited I guess????
Neil

But it cost a bundle too when SBS1 came first out!  My pal in New Brunswick bought from UK - best route!!