A little while ago one of our contributors mentioned an ID card for spotters which was acceptable at a number of airports. Unfortunately the link didn't work due to a missing character. I've just chanced upon the website; here is the link:
http://www.taess.org.uk/
Tom
Hi Tom
My local airport does not recognise this scheme :-(
Although they have got to know me now :-)
Hi Kevin,
I imagine it wouldn't work at mil airfields either but it should help those visiting BAA owned sites.
Tom
Yes, I have sent off for my Heathrow ID card, hopefully I will be accepted!
Johnn
Quote from: viking9 on February 15, 2009, 09:29:51 PM
Hi Kevin,
I imagine it wouldn't work at mil airfields either but it should help those visiting BAA owned sites.
Tom
I think RAF Coningsby have an id scheme.
This is a real good idea. So regarding Heathrow does it allow you into areas not allowed to others? or just used for observing from the Grass Verge at Myrtle Avenue etc ?
May i ask what Airports recognise this Scheme?
I assume it's just BAA airports that recognise the scheme but better to ask the TAESS themselves.
Tom