AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: kdt1 on February 26, 2009, 04:03:48 PM

Title: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: kdt1 on February 26, 2009, 04:03:48 PM

I am having issues with software running on a laptop.
In the Aircraft details window when processing data,
the operator flags, silhouettes and status columns
flicker as the data comes in. Very very annoying!!

I think it is a refresh problem with the max refresh
at 60 Hertz. Any one with the same experiences?
Any way around this horse  s__t? 

Thanks guys!

Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: viking9 on February 26, 2009, 04:10:21 PM
I run ANRB on a laptop and never had such a problem.

Try modifying the screen refresh in File/Preferences.

Tom
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: kdt1 on February 26, 2009, 06:21:11 PM

Hay Tom,

I have tried changing from 60 to 75 and 85 Herts. It changes but no difference.
What laptop and graphics card do you have and at what refresh rate do you run
at.

Thanks
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: viking9 on February 26, 2009, 06:28:06 PM
Sorry, I meant when in ANRB click on 'File' in the top left hand corner. Then go down to 'Preferences' and click on that. On the next screen click on the tab 'RadarBox' and at the bottom left of the screen you will see a box titled ' Screen Refresh Rate (milliseconds). Try changing the settings there.

Tom
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: kdt1 on February 26, 2009, 06:45:02 PM

Tom

I will set it to a higher number and give it another try!

Thanks
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: kdt1 on February 26, 2009, 06:56:53 PM

Tom.

No difference, Maybe my brain refresh is off! Ha!!!

S__ of a _____
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: viking9 on February 26, 2009, 06:59:49 PM
I'll have to leave it to the eggspurts to come up with an answer then.

Tom
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: kdt1 on February 26, 2009, 07:03:51 PM

Tom

Thanks for your Help!

kdt1
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: Blackthorn on February 26, 2009, 07:22:17 PM
How much memory does your laptop have?

Is the graphics sharing that memory?
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: kdt1 on February 26, 2009, 07:26:07 PM

Could be. Please advise!
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: kdt1 on February 26, 2009, 07:34:55 PM

I have 2 one has 512 8400M GS and other has 256 ATI.
and they both behave the same way.
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: tarbat on February 26, 2009, 07:39:44 PM
Quote from: kdt1 on February 26, 2009, 06:45:02 PMI will set it to a higher number and give it another try!

What did you set it to?  Something like 4000 is a good compromise.
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: Blackthorn on February 26, 2009, 07:52:45 PM
I agree with Tarbat 4000 is a good start point for the refresh rate.

Are you using AVG virus scanner? if so have you followed the instructions in the Airnav FAQ?
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: kdt1 on February 27, 2009, 02:29:03 AM

I will look into my virus Program Zone Alarm maybe something
there.
        To the FAQ!

Thanks, Guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Title: Re: AirNav RadarBox software on laptop!
Post by: colinhall on February 27, 2009, 07:05:31 AM
Hi Kdt1,
As Tarbat says just keep trying the different settings. I have mine on a laptop and Vista and eventually you get it going to your needs.When you do it,s just as good if not better than Windows.
Colin.