Hi All,
I'm not seeing very many US Mil ac live or on the network today. Anyone know why?
Tom
Hi Tom,
Not sure about your question on US Mil. I havn't picked any up today yet. However I did get a nice (and fairly rare for this area) contact just a short while ago...XV303. It's always nice to add UK Mil to my database.
Paul@cyyb
Hi Paul,
I was at Mildenhall today and there were only three visiting aircraft. By 15:00 there were only 15 RCH aircraft (military ones, not civvy cobtractors) seen on RB live and on the networks. Two days ago I was getting around 12 C-17s and a couple of C-5s in an hour.
Where are you located, Paul?
Tom
Hi Tom,
I've picked up 25 US Mil, 2 Irish, 1 Canadian and 30 UK-mil from Derby today.
Just had 3 Hawks track over East to West direct over my house but they were not giving out mode S which is a bit dissapointing:-(
And a mysterious mode-S 000000 has been showing on my box since 13:38
MIB maybe :o)
Cheers John
Yesterday, the mysterious 000000 showed an altitude of 93,000ft for a few seconds - quite a machine!
Rod
Hi Tom
They probably knew you were in Joe's field and switched their transmitters off ;-)
Kevin
Quote from: Blackthorn on February 26, 2009, 06:54:10 PM
Hi Tom
They probably knew you were in Joe's field and switched their transmitters off ;-)
Kevin
Hi Kevin,
I think you could be right. :-)
Tom
For info unlike other evenings this week, no USAF flights showing on my radar box.
Maybe trying to save on fuel costs;-)
Just for info here in Northern Ireland today I got the following USAF 6 C17s 2 KC135s and for good measure a canadian C17. RAf types 146 ZE701 Nimrod ZJ518 and Islander ZG844.
John
I've just had an email from a guy in the USA saying he has seen more Mil ac on his box today than in previous days. Perhaps most of them are staying Stateside.
Tom
Quote from: viking9 on February 26, 2009, 05:29:03 PM
By 15:00 there were only 15 RCH aircraft (military ones, not civvy cobtractors) seen on RB live and on the networks.
If it's not a silly question, do non-tracking military aircraft show up on the network?
Yes they do Dave. It's one of the ways, along with radio, that we can work out where they are routing.
Tom
Quote from: viking9 on February 26, 2009, 08:48:14 PM
Yes they do Dave. It's one of the ways, along with radio, that we can work out where they are routing.
Tom
Really? So why is it that the only aircraft shown on the network for me are those with ADS-B?
Quote from: viking9 on February 26, 2009, 05:29:03 PM
Where are you located, Paul?
Tom
Hi Tom,
I'm located at CYYB, North Bay, Ontario Canada.
Paul@cyyb
Quote from: freqhopping on February 26, 2009, 11:29:09 PM
Really? So why is it that the only aircraft shown on the network for me are those with ADS-B?
Apologies. I forgot which forum I was on. Was referring to another network which displays non-positional aircraft and allows you to record them. :-)
Tom