Got a Radar-Rama aerial the other day from Rocket Radio. Just installed on a pole outside and WOW what a difference. Im in East London and am now picking up traffic towards the humber. (over 110 nm). Still have the inevitable block to the South East due to a building thats close but really worth the money and makes a huge difference.
Will post some screenshots later (in screenshots area) of before and after
Thanks for this review! I was thinking of purchasing this antenna!
Thanks again
John
I found a good bundled deal for the ANRB+Radar-Rama Antenna for £389
http://www.moonrakerukltd.com/Scanning-and-Receiving/Radio-Scanners/Aircraft-Receivers/AIRNAV-RADAR-BOX
I am not affiliated with the site.
That is a good deal Hamish!
Quote from: CoastGuardJon on March 01, 2009, 10:31:52 AM
That is a good deal Hamish!
Seems too good to be true or maybe a price error as the cost of the ANRB alone is the same as the bundled set.
Hamish,
It's not an error, as they say you save the price of the antenna. They'll probably make on P&P to you. :-)
For anyone interested, I have for sale a brand new RADAR 100 Super Gainer Vertical for 1090 MHz. I bought this antenna only to find that I'm in the wrong location to take advantage of it, being in a valley. The antenna is in mint condition having only been erected for testing for some 48 hours. I also have available 10 metres of very low loss Westflex 103 cable fitted with N and BNC connectors professionaly fitted by Henry Westlake.
Anyone who would like to make me an offer please send me a pm.
http://www.moonrakerukltd.com/Scanning-and-Receiving/Base-Scanner-Vertical/RADAR-100
Tom
Pity. I just ordered a new antenna.
I got my one for £349 a few weeks back
http://www.flightstore.co.uk/prod/KINAIRNAV/SFVRAD/SFVRAD/ (http://www.flightstore.co.uk/prod/KINAIRNAV/SFVRAD/SFVRAD/)