AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: llama1910 on March 03, 2009, 08:50:29 PM

Title: D-BFVG - unk type in FL950 ?!?
Post by: llama1910 on March 03, 2009, 08:50:29 PM
Hi,

I received an unknown ac type several times now. Registration is D-BFVG, hex 3C9AC7. Today it flew in 94900ft and had a squawk 7777.

Does anyone know what this is ? Any sort of an unmaned drone or the like ? According to the reg it should be an aircraft type in the 14-20 ton category.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Carsten
Title: Re: D-BFVG - unk type in FL950 ?!?
Post by: RodBearden on March 03, 2009, 08:54:41 PM
Hi Carsten and welcome to the forum!

According to airframes.org this is a "Test transponder on ground, Frankfurt area."

Can't offer any further info though.

Rod
Title: Re: D-BFVG - unk type in FL950 ?!?
Post by: llama1910 on March 03, 2009, 09:05:32 PM
Hi Rod,

many thank's. I am sitting in the Frankfurt area (some 7 NM from the airport). What makes me wonder is, that I don't get the signal constantly. It keeps getting timeouts, reappears for a while and is lost again.

But test transponder is a good hint. I'll try to find out more about that.

Many thank's again.
Cheers
Carsten