I have a 1090mhz Radar 100.
Does the airband go on 1090mhz?
Thanks John
John,
An antenna made for 1090MHz will pick up VHF and UHF aircraft transmissions, but not very well!
VHF is around 118-136 MHz and UHF 250-400 MHz, so nowhere near the 1090 MHz of your antenna.
Okay Thanks!
Hi Johnn, it'll probably work quite satisfactorily within a 10 - 20 mile radius, but not quite as well as a correctly cut airband antenna. I've alwys found, it's using the twig for transmitting, when the SWR becomes really important - suck it and see! and let us know how you get on. I'm going to try a variety of antennas with my very newly acquired Spectrum Scout.
Hi John
I moved my office around a couple of weeks ago and wondered why performance was well down on my Radarbox and my scanner. Later I realised that when I reconnected the antennas I got them the wrong way around and it was very noticable on my scanner.