Hmmm... sorry, Miguel, no more ideas :-(
Rod!
Just try zooming in, and I think you may find that the boxes change to the runway layouts for the airfields in question.
I have just checked this with the batch in North Yorks - having viewed boxes when on a scale that shows England from EGNV to EGPD as the North South range.
When I move the map south I get boxes at EGXD, EGXU UK11, EGXE Zoom in and the runway layouts appear.
Guys see my last image below.
Regards.
I am not getting the problem here, but I am using Arial and Western Script.
What are you using, as in some script & Font sets the Block is used to indicate an unprintable character.
Could your sript be showing a Space character for some reason?
Hi.
I have the same problem :(
No idea how to remove them!
Also tried other fonts but the small annoying square was there all the time like now.
This is starting to sound like a language setting - can you guys in Portugal try an experiment, and change your Control Panel Regional and Language Options to "English United Kingdom", assuming it's "Portugese (Portugal)" at the moment.
While this would not be an ideal solution, if it works it will give AirNav somethng to work on!
Rod
Tried to change the language setting as suggested: no effect. the square sits there as a rock!
I like Miguel and Manuel also see a small square at the end of each of my waypoint names.
I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and my Regional and Language Options are:
Regional Options: English (United kingdom)
Location: United Kingdom
Advanced: English (United kingdom)
The only non-UK thing about my computer is the keyboard which is Swedish and just as a check I've changed that to UK rebooted and restarted and still get small squares at the end of my waypoint names.
Changing the font and/or font size on my RadarBox 2.0 from Files/Preferences only affects the aircraft labels not the waypoint labels. I am guessing that RadarBox is trying to use a default font here that we don't have and picking up another font instead. I've got quite a few fonts in my \Windows\Fonts directory as follows:
ANTQUAB.TTF, ANTQUABI.TTF, ANTQUAI.TTF, arial.ttf, arialbd.ttf, arialbi.ttf, ariali.ttf, ARIALN.TTF, RIALNB.TTF, ARIALNBI.TTF, ARIALNI.TTF, ariblk.ttf, BKANT.TTF, BOOKOS.TTF, BOOKOSB.TTF, BOOKOSBI.TTF, BOOKOSI.TTF, comic.ttf, comicbd.ttf, cour.ttf, courbd.ttf, courbi.ttf, couri.ttf, estre.ttf, framd.ttf, framdit.ttf, GARA.TTF, GARABD.TTF, GARAIT.TTF, gautami.ttf, georgia.ttf, georgiab.ttf, georgiai.ttf, georgiaz.ttf, glassga.ttf, lobalMonospace.CompositeFont, GlobalSansSerif.CompositeFont, GlobalSerif.CompositeFont, GlobalUserInterface.CompositeFont, GOTHIC.TTF, GOTHICB.TTF, GOTHICBI.TTF, GOTHICI.TTF, HATTEN.TTF, impact.ttf, kartika.ttf, latha.ttf, LCD.TTF, lsans.ttf, lsansd.ttf, lsansdi.ttf, lsansi.ttf, lucon.ttf, l_10646.ttf, maian.ttf, maiandb.ttf, mangal.ttf, micross.ttf, modern.fon, MTCORSVA.TTF, mvboli.ttf, nina.ttf, ninab.ttf, nwgthc.ttf, pala.ttf, palab.ttf, palabi.ttf, palai.ttf, quartz.ttf, raavi.ttf, roman.fon, script.fon, shruti.ttf, sylfaen.ttf, symbol.ttf, tahoma.ttf, tahomabd.ttf, times.ttf, timesbd.ttf, timesbi.ttf, timesi.ttf, trebuc.ttf, trebucbd.ttf, trebucbi.ttf, trebucit.ttf, tunga.ttf, verdana.ttf, verdanab.ttf, verdanai.ttf, verdanaz.ttf, vrinda.ttf, webdings.ttf, wingding.ttf, WINGDNG2.TTF, WINGDNG3.TTF, wst_czec.fon, wst_engl.fon, wst_fren.fon, wst_germ.fon, wst_ital.fon, wst_span.fon, wst_swed.fon
Maybe someone who doesn't have small squares at the end of their waypoint labels can spot a font that is missing?
Hi Andy, I don't get the square, Font shows as "Terminal" and size 8 - I don't if this is what you're after?
Yes Jon that's the font I had as default in Files/Preferences and which after some experimentation I have returned to using when still getting small squares with other fonts. It is the default font used by RadarBox I believe.
In listing my fonts above I wondered if those who don't see the small squares might see a fairly common font listed in their \Windows\Fonts directory that myself, Miguel and Manuel don't have which we maybe should have. A simpler solution perhaps is just for AirNav Support to tell us which font is used to draw the waypoint labels.
Andy, a couple that are missing from your list that I've got are the MS Sans Serif and Serif fonts - sserife.fon and serife.fon.
If it helps, here's my complete list of fonts from a standard Vista install with Office:
8514fix.fon, 8514fixe.fon, 8514fixg.fon, 8514fixr.fon, 8514fixt.fon, 8514oem.fon, 8514oeme.fon, 8514oemg.fon, 8514oemr.fon, 8514oemt.fon, 8514sys.fon, 8514syse.fon, 8514sysg.fon, 8514sysr.fon, 8514syst.fon, 85775.fon, 85855.fon, 85f1255.fon, 85f1256.fon, 85f1257.fon, 85f874.fon, 85s1255.fon, 85s1256.fon, 85s1257.fon, 85s874.fon, ahronbd.ttf, andlso.ttf, angsa.ttf, angsab.ttf, angsai.ttf, angsau.ttf, angsaub.ttf, angsaui.ttf, angsauz.ttf, angsaz.ttf, ANTQUAB.TTF, ANTQUABI.TTF, ANTQUAI.TTF, app775.fon, app850.fon, app852.fon, app855.fon, app857.fon, app866.fon, app932.fon, app936.fon, app949.fon, app950.fon, arabtype.ttf, arial.ttf, arialbd.ttf, arialbi.ttf, ariali.ttf, ARIALN.TTF, ARIALNB.TTF, ARIALNBI.TTF, ARIALNI.TTF, ARIALUNI.TTF, ariblk.ttf, batang.ttc, Beesknee.ttf, BKANT.TTF, BOOKOS.TTF, BOOKOSB.TTF, BOOKOSBI.TTF, BOOKOSI.TTF, BRADHITC.TTF, browa.ttf, browab.ttf, browai.ttf, browau.ttf, browaub.ttf, browaui.ttf, browauz.ttf, browaz.ttf, BSSYM7.TTF, c8514fix.fon, c8514oem.fon, c8514sys.fon, calibri.ttf, calibrib.ttf, calibrii.ttf, calibriz.ttf, CALIST.TTF, CALISTB.TTF, CALISTI.TTF, cambria.ttc, cambriab.ttf, cambriai.ttf, cambriaz.ttf, Candara.ttf, Candarab.ttf, Candarai.ttf, Candaraz.ttf, CENTURY.TTF, cga40737.fon, cga40850.fon, cga40852.fon, cga40857.fon, cga40866.fon, cga40869.fon, cga40woa.fon, cga80737.fon, cga80850.fon, cga80852.fon, cga80857.fon, cga80866.fon, cga80869.fon, cga80woa.fon, comic.ttf, comicbd.ttf, consola.ttf, consolab.ttf, consolai.ttf, consolaz.ttf, constan.ttf, constanb.ttf, constani.ttf, constanz.ttf, corbel.ttf, corbelb.ttf, corbeli.ttf, corbelz.ttf, cordia.ttf, cordiab.ttf, cordiai.ttf, cordiau.ttf, cordiaub.ttf, cordiaui.ttf, cordiauz.ttf, cordiaz.ttf, coue1255.fon, coue1256.fon, coue1257.fon, couf1255.fon, couf1256.fon, couf1257.fon, cour.ttf, courbd.ttf, courbi.ttf, coure.fon, couree.fon, coureg.fon, courer.fon, couret.fon, courf.fon, courfe.fon, courfg.fon, courfr.fon, courft.fon, couri.ttf, CURLZ___.TTF, cvgafix.fon, cvgasys.fon, daunpenh.ttf, david.ttf, davidbd.ttf, desktop.ini, dokchamp.ttf, dos737.fon, dos869.fon, dosapp.fon, ega40737.fon, ega40850.fon, ega40852.fon, ega40857.fon, ega40866.fon, ega40869.fon, ega40woa.fon, ega80737.fon, ega80850.fon, ega80852.fon, ega80857.fon, ega80866.fon, ega80869.fon, ega80woa.fon, ELEPHNT.TTF, ELEPHNTI.TTF, ERASBD.TTF, ERASDEMI.TTF, ERASLGHT.TTF, ERASMD.TTF, ERASULT.TTF, estre.ttf, euphemia.ttf, frabk.ttf, framd.ttf, framdit.ttf, frank.ttf, GARA.TTF, GARABD.TTF, GARAIT.TTF, gautami.ttf, georgia.ttf, georgiab.ttf, georgiai.ttf, georgiaz.ttf, gisha.ttf, gishabd.ttf, glassga.ttf, GlobalMonospace.CompositeFont, GlobalSansSerif.CompositeFont, GlobalSerif.CompositeFont, GlobalUserInterface.CompositeFont, GOTHIC.TTF, GOTHICB.TTF, GOTHICBI.TTF, GOTHICI.TTF, gulim.ttc, h8514fix.fon, h8514oem.fon, h8514sys.fon, himalaya.ttf, hvgafix.fon, hvgasys.fon, impact.ttf, iskpota.ttf, j8514fix.fon, j8514oem.fon, j8514sys.fon, jsmalle.fon, jsmallf.fon, juice___.ttf, jvgafix.fon, jvgasys.fon, kaiu.ttf, kalinga.ttf, kartika.ttf, l_10646.ttf, latha.ttf, LATINWD.TTF, LCD.TTF, leelawad.ttf, leelawdb.ttf, lucon.ttf, lvnm.ttf, lvnmbd.ttf, maian.ttf, maiandb.ttf, malgun.ttf, malgunbd.ttf, mangal.ttf, marlett.ttf, matisse_.ttf, meiryo.ttc, meiryob.ttc, micross.ttf, mingliu.ttc, mingliub.ttc, modern.fon, monbaiti.ttf, moolbor.ttf, mriam.ttf, mriamc.ttf, msgothic.ttc, msjh.ttf, msjhbd.ttf, msmincho.ttc, MSMINCHO.TTF, msuighur.ttf, msyh.ttf, msyhbd.ttf, msyi.ttf, mvboli.ttf, MyriadWebPro.ttf, MyriadWebPro-Bold.ttf, MyriadWebPro-Condensed.ttf, MyriadWebPro-CondensedIt.ttf, MyriadWebPro-Italic.ttf, nrkis.ttf, nwgthc.ttf, nyala.ttf, OUTLOOK.TTF, pala.ttf, palab.ttf, palabi.ttf, palai.ttf, plantc.ttf, quartz.ttf, raavi.ttf, REFSAN.TTF, REFSPCL.TTF, ROCK.TTF, ROCKB.TTF, ROCKEB.TTF, ROCKI.TTF, rod.ttf, roman.fon, s8514fix.fon, s8514oem.fon, s8514sys.fon, script.fon, segoepr.ttf, segoeprb.ttf, segoesc.ttf, segoescb.ttf, segoeui.ttf, segoeuib.ttf, segoeuii.ttf, segoeuiz.ttf, sere1255.fon, sere1256.fon, sere1257.fon, serf1255.fon, serf1256.fon, serf1257.fon, serife.fon, serifee.fon, serifeg.fon, serifer.fon, serifet.fon, seriff.fon, seriffe.fon, seriffg.fon, seriffr.fon, serifft.fon, shruti.ttf, simfang.ttf, simhei.ttf, simkai.ttf, simpbdo.ttf, simpfxo.ttf, simpo.ttf, simsun.ttc, simsunb.ttf, smae1255.fon, smae1256.fon, smae1257.fon, smaf1255.fon, smaf1256.fon, smaf1257.fon, smalle.fon, smallee.fon, smalleg.fon, smaller.fon, smallet.fon, smallf.fon, smallfe.fon, smallfg.fon, smallfr.fon, smallft.fon, snap____.ttf, ssee1255.fon, ssee1256.fon, ssee1257.fon, ssee874.fon, ssef1255.fon, ssef1256.fon, ssef1257.fon, ssef874.fon, sserife.fon, sserifee.fon, sserifeg.fon, sserifer.fon, sserifet.fon, sseriff.fon, sseriffe.fon, sseriffg.fon, sseriffr.fon, sserifft.fon, svgafix.fon, svgasys.fon, sylfaen.ttf, symbol.ttf, tahoma.ttf, tahomabd.ttf, TEMPSITC.TTF, times.ttf, timesbd.ttf, timesbi.ttf, timesi.ttf, tradbdo.ttf, trado.ttf, trebuc.ttf, trebucbd.ttf, trebucbi.ttf, trebucit.ttf, TSPECIAL1.TTF, tunga.ttf, upcdb.ttf, upcdbi.ttf, upcdi.ttf, upcdl.ttf, upceb.ttf, upcebi.ttf, upcei.ttf, upcel.ttf, upcfb.ttf, upcfbi.ttf, upcfi.ttf, upcfl.ttf, upcib.ttf, upcibi.ttf, upcii.ttf, upcil.ttf, upcjb.ttf, upcjbi.ttf, upcji.ttf, upcjl.ttf, upckb.ttf, upckbi.ttf, upcki.ttf, upckl.ttf, upclb.ttf, upclbi.ttf, upcli.ttf, upcll.ttf, verdana.ttf, verdanab.ttf, verdanai.ttf, verdanaz.ttf, vga737.fon, vga775.fon, vga850.fon, vga852.fon, vga855.fon, vga857.fon, vga860.fon, vga861.fon, vga863.fon, vga865.fon, vga866.fon, vga869.fon, vga932.fon, vga936.fon, vga949.fon, vga950.fon, vgaf1255.fon, vgaf1256.fon, vgaf1257.fon, vgaf874.fon, vgafix.fon, vgafixe.fon, vgafixg.fon, vgafixr.fon, vgafixt.fon, vgaoem.fon, vgas1255.fon, vgas1256.fon, vgas1257.fon, vgas874.fon, vgasys.fon, vgasyse.fon, vgasysg.fon, vgasysr.fon, vgasyst.fon, VINERITC.TTF, vrinda.ttf, webdings.ttf, wingding.ttf, WINGDNG2.TTF, WINGDNG3.TTF
Tarbat, thanks for your font list. On further investigation it appears that I do have the two fonts you mention but, for reasons unknown, they were marked as hidden and so not showing in a directory listing. Unfortunately removing the hidden attribute and restarting RadarBox didn't affect the display problem. I suspect we will be wiser when Support find out which font is being used for waypoint labels.