rb working fine,problem occurs when my pc is on,it is creating a lot of interference on my scanner when listening to the airband,despite moving pc base unit 8 feet from scanner.scanner is gre 295,when pc is off reception is fine .any suggestions please.thx.
Hi you need an external aerial for the scanner, your computer is a box with millions of switches all going of at the same time so massive interference.I had the same problem until I got a decent outdoor aerial. Regards Lou
thx for that lou
Is your computer in a metal case or plastic?
Hi are you using a CRT monitor, I get loads of problems with my scanner when I have my CRT on. Most of the time I use a Laptop with no problems at all.
Stu
THere were a few, ex dealing room, metal cased monitors sold at radio rallies a couple of years ago.
I think they handled VGA, but you had to make up a cable.
Size was about 14 inch, but you could put them side by side and they did not create cross unit interference.
Very little RF output either.
thx for all your replies,pc is in metal case,and i am using 2 lcd monitors for rb.since my post i have put the scanner in a small metal box wrapped in anti static bags and bubblewrap seems to have done the trick.
Quote from: davjhedges on March 10, 2009, 05:08:34 PMscanner in a small metal box wrapped in anti static bags and bubblewrap seems to have done the trick.
Amazing!