Can anyone decode references that I get with regard to RAF traffic? I receive registrations that begin with M-****. Today I've had M-NEWT. I receive the type and its altitude, but cannot find out the serial.
I get quite a few American C-17 Globemasters and the occasional C5 Galaxy which always show the full serials, but remain in the dark about these codes that are prefixed with M.
Is there a database that can be referred to?
Hi Octavius and welcome to the forum!
THe M- registrations are the new Isle of Man register, whish takes its mode S codes from the RAF allocation. To correct the RAF flag that appears, follow this link http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1906.msg15294#msg15294 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1906.msg15294#msg15294)
and download the ZIP file, installing the files in your C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\Data folder.
Rod
Rod,
Many thanks for that info. At least it clears my confusion. I've followed the link, but cannot detect where the zip file is amongst the messages and replies!
What am I looking for in there?
The zip file is a green link at the bottom of Reply #5 (just above the little picture)
Happy spotting ;-)
Rod
Rod,
Got it and done!
Many thanks