AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: bratters on March 16, 2009, 10:26:54 AM

Title: Distance down a bit
Post by: bratters on March 16, 2009, 10:26:54 AM
I've been falling short of my normal maximum reception range for a couple of days now. I'm usually pushing 140nm but at present I'm struggling at 110nm max.

Anybody else who can confirm that it's conditions?
Title: Re: Distance down a bit
Post by: Wayne on March 16, 2009, 05:44:17 PM
I'm seeing things at around 130-150nm using the supplied antenna and I'm in South Yorkshire. Only notice a change in reception sometimes in heavy weather conditions or when I have to move the antenna indoors and put up with the dreaded double glazing.

Fine day today here so good reception - and I'm on a hill
Title: Re: Distance down a bit
Post by: gzerovti on March 16, 2009, 06:16:41 PM
I am seeing up to 150 miles tonight.

I am in Wakefield West Yorkshire and have the radar extender antenna.

Terry
Title: Re: Distance down a bit
Post by: bratters on March 16, 2009, 06:25:07 PM
Looks like Yorkshire's the place to be.
Title: Re: Distance down a bit
Post by: pcochrane12 on March 16, 2009, 07:31:39 PM
hi bratters
seems fine here in northumberland i,ve several contacts 180plus from me and one at 191.4 and going away
cheers paul
Title: Re: Distance down a bit
Post by: AirNav Support on March 16, 2009, 07:37:45 PM
Bratters,

I would check your connections, something may have come loose or become waterlogged.

Otherwise if its the weather have a look at the site below. It supposed to show how signals will be affected.

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_eur.html
Title: Re: Distance down a bit
Post by: bratters on March 17, 2009, 10:03:13 PM
Thanks Airnav. I keep an eye on the propogation charts but to be honest they often don't seem to work out the way you expect.

Happily things are improving tonight so whatever it was seems to have been temporary.

This box is as moody as its owner.