AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Johnn on March 21, 2009, 02:14:52 PM

Title: Airnav Radar Box Hardware: 'Checking'?
Post by: Johnn on March 21, 2009, 02:14:52 PM
I have managed to install the drivers okay now on my vista laptop, and have them installed correctly, thanks to the airnav teams youtube channel.
Why have I got Hardware Checking instead of Connected?
Faulty Usb? I have tried all usb ports on  my laptop.
Thanks John
Title: Re: Airnav Radar Box Hardware: 'Checking'?
Post by: Allocator on March 21, 2009, 02:20:46 PM
Maybe a firewall stopping the connection?

I'm not a Vista specialist I'm afraid, can somebody else help here?
Title: Re: Airnav Radar Box Hardware: 'Checking'?
Post by: tarbat on March 21, 2009, 03:15:15 PM
Vista 32-bit or Vista 64-bit?
Title: Re: Airnav Radar Box Hardware: 'Checking'?
Post by: Johnn on March 21, 2009, 03:48:17 PM
Hi Tarbat,
It Is A 32 Bit Operating System.
Thanks
Title: Re: Airnav Radar Box Hardware: 'Checking'?
Post by: tarbat on March 21, 2009, 04:26:00 PM
Are any errors showing in Device Manager for the Radrbox?
Title: Re: Airnav Radar Box Hardware: 'Checking'?
Post by: Johnn on March 21, 2009, 04:47:07 PM
No Errors found.
John
Title: Re: Airnav Radar Box Hardware: 'Checking'?
Post by: Allocator on March 21, 2009, 04:54:01 PM
John,

Are you receiving Network traffic OK?
Title: Re: Airnav Radar Box Hardware: 'Checking'?
Post by: AirNav Support on March 21, 2009, 04:54:18 PM
Have you copied over any database files?

Also sometimes this might happen if you have installed RB as a different user in Vista and running it as someone else. Can you install it as admin and in a area outside your virtual directory.
Title: Re: Airnav Radar Box Hardware: 'Checking'?
Post by: Blackthorn on March 22, 2009, 08:04:37 AM
I run on three Vista PC's and I found it is best to install as admin in a separate directory named airnav then ensure your virus checker does not check that particular directory.

Also try to use the USB connectors on the back of the PC rather than the extension connectors on the front panel, I have seen this give issues for some.
Title: Re: Airnav Radar Box Hardware: 'Checking'?
Post by: Johnn on March 23, 2009, 08:06:46 PM
Hi There, Just A Update On This Topic, I Have Now Got It All Working And Hardware : Connected.
I Reinstalled Windows Vista, And All Seems To Work Nicely!.
Thanks For Everyones Advice.
Thanks John