AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Johnn on March 23, 2009, 10:42:34 PM

Title: When On The Internet, Does The Radar Box Download Alot Of Stuff?
Post by: Johnn on March 23, 2009, 10:42:34 PM
Hello,
Why I ask this question is because I would like internet access outside, and the mobile broadband services have all this 1gb - 3gb allowance thing, will the Rb take up all this quickly?
Hope that maks a bit of sence.
Thanks John
Title: Re: When On The Internet, Does The Radar Box Download Alot Of Stuff?
Post by: tarbat on March 23, 2009, 10:49:45 PM
With the current levels of network activity (>1000 aircraft), RB now averages around 420,000 B/min (in Windows performance monitor), which works out at around 18GB per month, if I left it running all the time.

For previous discussion on this, see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=507.msg9105#msg9105
Title: Re: When On The Internet, Does The Radar Box Download Alot Of Stuff?
Post by: jgrloit on March 23, 2009, 10:53:22 PM
I have the 3Gb limit on the radio Broadband, and have NOT yet exceeded 2Gb a month.
I do NOT usually have Process Network Flights enabled, so :-
Upload is ON,    Info Requests are on - 1 picture ONLY per Aircraft.
Actual daily figures don't seem to be available, but the software I use - from VodaPhone - gives a running figure of traffic for the session, and in another view Total traffic for the month.

Title: Re: When On The Internet, Does The Radar Box Download Alot Of Stuff?
Post by: nortonbeak on March 24, 2009, 08:44:12 AM
There are probably many packages you can employ to monitor your web usage.

Here is a freeware one

http://codebox.no-ip.net/controller?page=bitmeter2 (http://codebox.no-ip.net/controller?page=bitmeter2)