My normal operating location is N54.98 W2.10
Recently I spotted a spike in the polar diagram to N50.7 W1.3 - Approx.
Looking through the Flights table the position was NOT recorded as the start or end location for a flight.
Could AirNav Development please consider adding a field to the flights table for locations that are more than 0.5 degrees in either direction from those previously received for this aircraft/flight in this session?
I am hoping that a field such as this could help explain any polar diagram spikes - English/Scottish Border "seeing" the South Coast as an example.
Thanks.
This goes into the lovely world of programing and GIGO (Garbage in Garbage Out)
Some of our customers actually want the exact data and nothing to be ignored and we feel the same.
We can though add something for the polar diagram that ignores positions further than 250nm away.
Thanks for that idea
All I am trying to do is help explain any wierd spikes, possibly for use in explaining any purple rain - after the event!!!
The data would be there, and may assist in explaining any other funnies!!!
If you canot capture data such as this - how do you explain it when later asked?
Addl thought -
Just location and distance from it could cause problems for mobile use.
I think the positional change would be more accurate in showing "errors" to be ignored!!!
Quote from: jgrloit on March 24, 2009, 12:28:35 PMAll I am trying to do is help explain any wierd spikes, possibly for use in explaining any purple rain - after the event!!!
The data would be there, and may assist in explaining any other funnies!!!
You could use the Recording facility in Radarbox to record all aircraft positions, and use that to find exception. Its saved in CSV format.