AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: dl1812 on March 30, 2009, 07:38:45 PM

Title: Mystery Airbus
Post by: dl1812 on March 30, 2009, 07:38:45 PM
Hi All,

Noticed 3 x East to West "Trails" this morning.
On checking with my trusty Binos, I saw that one was a 747F in EKA colours, and the other two looked like DLH (or Jet Airways) A330 aircraft, one behind the other.
Checking my RB, it showed N415MC and D-AIKN, but there was no trace of the other A330.
Is there anywhere that I can refer to that would have given me the third Aircraft ?
Sorry if this seems a dumb question - just curious....
Title: Re: Mystery Airbus
Post by: DaveReid on March 31, 2009, 07:33:01 AM
Quote from: dl1812 on March 30, 2009, 07:38:45 PM
Noticed 3 x East to West "Trails" this morning.
On checking with my trusty Binos, I saw that one was a 747F in EKA colours, and the other two looked like DLH (or Jet Airways) A330 aircraft, one behind the other.
Checking my RB, it showed N415MC and D-AIKN, but there was no trace of the other A330.
Is there anywhere that I can refer to that would have given me the third Aircraft ?
Sorry if this seems a dumb question - just curious....

It would help to pin down what you might have seen if firstly you tell us where you are and then if you can be a little more precise about the time than simply "this morning".

I have D-AIKN logged westbound yesterday (over southern UK), but that was around 13:30 local time.
Title: Re: Mystery Airbus
Post by: tarbat on March 31, 2009, 07:45:32 AM
I've got 6 A330's yesterday morning in my log:
Reg   Flight ID   Route   ICAO Type   Airline   Aircraft   Flight Ended   Mode S
N814NW   NWA56   KMSP-EHAM   A333   Northwest Airlines   Airbus A330-323   2009/03/30 10:10   AB1979
G-OJMC   TCX208P   EGKK-EGBB   A332   Thomas Cook Airlines   Airbus A330-243   2009/03/30 10:55   400916
N858NW   NWA41   EHAM-KMSP   A332   Northwest Airlines   Airbus A330-223   2009/03/30 11:06   ABC651
N851NW   NWA104   KMSP-EGLL   A332   Northwest Airlines   Airbus A330-223   2009/03/30 11:14   ABAC50
N856NW   NWA91   EHAM-KPDX   A332   Northwest Airlines   Airbus A330-223   2009/03/30 11:39   ABBEE3
D-AIKM   DLH490   EDDF-KSEA   A330   Lufthansa   Airbus A330-343X   2009/03/30 12:38   3C656D
Title: Re: Mystery Airbus
Post by: dl1812 on March 31, 2009, 06:39:15 PM
Dur ! Sorry - Brain in neutral.
I'm 20 miles or so SW of Heathrow, and the time was actually around 1pm or so ( my wife put me straight)

I was actually curious whether there is, for example, a Website where people's logs are available, something like ACARS logs, etc..
Title: Re: Mystery Airbus
Post by: dl1812 on March 31, 2009, 06:40:39 PM
Hi Tarbat,

Please see my reply to Dave Reid; many thanks for your efforts.
Next time I'll think through what I need to get across.... :o(
Title: Re: Mystery Airbus
Post by: ACW367 on March 31, 2009, 08:07:39 PM
1812

You should try this Yahoo group.  You have to join but lots of London folks download thier daily logs direct onto this site.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mode_S/
Title: Re: Mystery Airbus
Post by: dl1812 on April 02, 2009, 01:48:51 PM
That's the kind of thing I was looking for.

Many Thanks


Dave in Woking