AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: HH on September 24, 2007, 09:45:37 AM

Title: updating/ changing VORs NDBs
Post by: HH on September 24, 2007, 09:45:37 AM
I would like to alter/ delete some VORs/ NDBs that are not up to date. Where can I change this data?

Markus
Title: Re: updating/ changing VORs NDBs
Post by: Roadrunner on September 24, 2007, 12:16:05 PM
Quote from: HH on September 24, 2007, 09:45:37 AM
I would like to alter/ delete some VORs/ NDBs that are not up to date. Where can I change this data?

Markus

Like Marcus I was wondering about updates. For example since Coltishall closed the name has changed of the VOR/TACN to EA1, and I would like to change it.  I was also wondering if the outlines could be split (airfields by major,minor, heleports) so that we can have a choice of what we use. With RB it is all or nothing so it gets very cluttered. The only way I can see to reduce it at present is to delete (or move) some of the files from the outlines folder but that is a bit hit and miss. I am using Bones outlines set but don't know how I can exclusively use them and switch off the original RB ones.  SBS1 allows a choice of what is seen, down to only showing the local airfields if so desired.
Title: Re: updating/ changing VORs NDBs
Post by: AirNav Development on September 25, 2007, 01:08:35 AM
In RadarBox you can select what is seen on the screen using the map menu. We are developing a feature that will download automatically updated NAVAID each AIRAC / 28 day cycle.
Title: Re: updating/ changing VORs NDBs
Post by: prbflight on September 25, 2007, 02:54:38 AM
Outstanding!

Keep up the great work AirNav Team!

Paul
Title: Re: updating/ changing VORs NDBs
Post by: HH on September 25, 2007, 04:16:55 AM
Thank you AirNav Dev.

Until you have developed the automated update, is there any chance to add/ delete/ rename Navaids manually?
I would also like to add other user points like compulsory reporting points, even if they are not used in IFR-traffic. Adding special points with outlines-files doesn't look that great on the map.

Regards,

Markus
Title: Re: updating/ changing VORs NDBs
Post by: Roadrunner on September 25, 2007, 02:53:25 PM
Quote from: AirNav Development on September 25, 2007, 01:08:35 AM
In RadarBox you can select what is seen on the screen using the map menu. We are developing a feature that will download automatically updated NAVAID each AIRAC / 28 day cycle.

Thanks for that it really sounds good. I am aware of the on/off choices for VOR NDB etc but for airfields we have them all on or off. I am stuck with having places like Panshanger (light aviation) and Heathrow (Major airfield) I would like to keep the major airports showing but switch off all the light aviation, gliding and heliports. Is that possible for a future upgrade - it could avoid a lot of clutter. Alternatively, let us have access to each of the airfields profiles to enable switch on/off as required (as per SBS1).

Mike