AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: perezoso on March 31, 2009, 04:19:28 AM

Title: SKBO (Bogotá) Coming Soon...
Post by: perezoso on March 31, 2009, 04:19:28 AM
Pardon the teaser; but I should have a RadarBox up and running in Bogotá in a few weeks time. It's purchased; but I gotta get to the States to pick it up and then find the time to get it up and running.

I've got a ledge very high up (20+ floor) with an essentially unobstructed westerly view over SKBO. North and South are reasonably unobstructed, for an urban environment... perhaps even some SKRG (Medellin, ~120nm) and SKCL (Cali, ~155nm) traffic? 

I can forget anything to the east ... would need to pass through a concrete apartment building and teeny, tiny mountain range.

I'll post a screenshot when it happens...
Title: Re: SKBO (Bogotá) Coming Soon...
Post by: Blackthorn on March 31, 2009, 08:18:07 AM
I look forward to your network transmissions, welcome to the forum.
Title: Re: SKBO (Bogotá) Coming Soon...
Post by: davec on March 31, 2009, 10:22:07 AM
wow that would be intresting welldone perezoso
davec
Title: Re: SKBO (Bogotá) Coming Soon...
Post by: RodBearden on March 31, 2009, 11:53:16 AM
Welcome, Perezoso - looking forward to seeing Bogota on the network!

I feel an outline coming on!

Rod
Title: Re: SKBO (Bogotá) Coming Soon...
Post by: perezoso on March 31, 2009, 02:15:42 PM
I figure I'm at 2730 meters (8950 feet), including the height of the building, based on the Google maps topo.

When I get this up and running, can I claim highest operating location?  :-)
Title: Re: SKBO (Bogotá) Coming Soon...
Post by: juangelb on March 31, 2009, 09:34:03 PM
Hi Perezoso

1- Welcome to the crazies club !!! Hahhhha
2- With the data You told about the hight .... It seems that it will be a SHOW !
3- Waiting for news...


Best regards - Juan