AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Bat 21 on April 04, 2009, 06:27:08 AM

Title: Eurofighter / Typhoons
Post by: Bat 21 on April 04, 2009, 06:27:08 AM
Do any of you folks see the Typhoons showing up on your RB's ?

I see plenty of RAF stuff - Tornados (only F3's never GR4's ?) Harriers, Hawks, C130's, VC10, L1011, AWAC's etc - but I am yet to have a Typhoon appear.

Cheers
Bat 21

Title: Re: Eurofighter / Typhoons
Post by: aps on April 04, 2009, 08:07:28 AM
Hey Bat !
Nope nothing here yet , as you say just the usual Hawk , Tornado , VC10 , C130 , C17's ! ive yet to get an AWACS .

Intersting thing this morning .. a Belgium AF A310 positioned and everything !

regards
Title: Re: Eurofighter / Typhoons
Post by: besty on April 04, 2009, 08:41:06 AM
I've managed to get one on my log, ZJ814 43C4A3. That was last August though nothing since.

Stuart
Title: Re: Eurofighter / Typhoons
Post by: EGNXR on April 04, 2009, 08:59:35 AM
I have just had the two

HTH Cheers John
Title: Re: Eurofighter / Typhoons
Post by: aps on April 04, 2009, 10:18:35 AM
Im suprised to be honest given my location , Warton only 30ish miles up the road .

regards
Title: Re: Eurofighter / Typhoons
Post by: dudbaker on April 04, 2009, 12:58:10 PM
Here is what I have.

43C48E      Typhoon      
43C48F      Typhoon      
43C490      Typhoon      
43C4A8      Typhoon      
43C4AB      Typhoon      
43C4AF      Typhoon      
43C4A0   ZJ808   Typhoon T1    29 Sqn BG      
43C4A3   ZJ814   Typhoon T1A  3 Sqn   QO-Z   Gibson 2
43C493   ZJ912   Typhoon FGR4  17 Sqn    Conigsby   AB   
43C49A   ZJ920   Typhoon FGR4   Nightmare42
43C4A4    ZJ930   Typhoon FGR4   17 Sqn AA   AA.   
Title: Re: Eurofighter / Typhoons
Post by: Allocator on April 04, 2009, 03:08:07 PM
Quote from: aps on April 04, 2009, 10:18:35 AM
Im suprised to be honest given my location , Warton only 30ish miles up the road .

regards

Look at MyLog and use the Quickfilter Mode S = 43C* and look at All Time.  You might be picking the aircraft up, but they don't have the data in your database that shows them as Typhoons.
Title: Re: Eurofighter / Typhoons
Post by: Bat 21 on April 05, 2009, 07:02:09 AM
Thanks for the info

I have read that most RAF Typhoons & Tornado GR4's do not use modeS - so this may explain lack of them in the logs.

I did the sort on my log that Allocator advised &  found 8 RAF entries with no aircraft details - a visit to airframes.org tied up 4 of them - none were Typhoons

Cheers
Bat 21