AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: kdt1 on April 04, 2009, 04:52:33 PM

Title: Populating Untitled
Post by: kdt1 on April 04, 2009, 04:52:33 PM

Is there a easy way to populate Untitled?
Or do I have to do it one at a time.

Thanks
Title: Re: Populating Untitled
Post by: EGNXR on April 04, 2009, 05:36:25 PM
One at a time but if you do not have photo it will over write next time it picks up:-(

Cheers John
Title: Re: Populating Untitled
Post by: kdt1 on April 04, 2009, 06:06:32 PM
I have a lot of untitled private and corporate contacts in the US
So if I populate one at a time, RB will replace info on next
contact with untitled.

Is it possible to have Airnavs main data base populated with
Up to date US private and corporate aircraft?

Thanks
Title: Re: Populating Untitled
Post by: AirNav Support on April 04, 2009, 06:35:05 PM
We wish there was such thing as an up to date database, we gather our data from various sources but even then there gaps. (GAS, Airliners.net etc)

Title: Re: Populating Untitled
Post by: kdt1 on April 04, 2009, 07:08:50 PM

I know up to date is like moving a mountain for every body, seems like the UK
DB is better populated then here. Airlines are good, private and corporate need some help.

Well may be some day we can get it figured out.


Title: Re: Populating Untitled
Post by: ACW367 on April 04, 2009, 07:38:41 PM
Quote from: kdt1 on April 04, 2009, 07:08:50 PM

I know up to date is like moving a mountain for every body, seems like the UK
DB is better populated then here. Airlines are good, private and corporate need some help.

Well may be some day we can get it figured out.




The UK Database set is good, the fact that the data is provided by the Gatwick Aviation Society may give a hint to that.  If you have additional info for US aircraft I am sure they would welcome contributions via the contacts on thier website. http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/introduction.asp
Title: Re: Populating Untitled
Post by: kdt1 on April 04, 2009, 08:27:28 PM

I get most of my private and corporate data from the (GAS) Gatwick Aviation Society.

I know Airnav is able to access GAS data to update their central DB. I assume they also get their data from other sources.

Title: Re: Populating Untitled
Post by: AirNav Support on April 04, 2009, 08:40:19 PM
If we get a similar type organisation in the states which I am sure will happen soon we can get linked with them.