AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: ACW367 on April 05, 2009, 11:23:50 AM

Title: Changes to UK navigation database for next version
Post by: ACW367 on April 05, 2009, 11:23:50 AM
Airnav Development

I have a couple of points concerning your Navigation database, that I wonder if you will consider for version 2.10 to benefit your many UK users.

You are already aware that many users have asked if the new airport at Doncaster Sheffield EGCN be included in the next update of the navigation maps.
http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=53&Itemid=102.html


Can you note also that St Mawgan EGDG has been handed from Military to civil control and is now EGHQ Newquay Cornwall airport. Although the same airfield, it is no longer refered to as St Mawgan. All routes that currently show as EGDG will also need changing to EGHQ.
http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=192&Itemid=274.html

EGSY Sheffield City has been closed and can be removed from the database.

As a further request is it possible to update the UK motorway system on the roads section of the database. Many of the UK motorways are not currently shown (like the M1). As a last reguest is it possible to get city outlines for the major UK cities included.
Title: Re: Changes to UK navigation database for next version
Post by: AirNav Support on April 05, 2009, 11:29:16 AM
The navigation database is NOT made by us so we cannot just add new airports etc.. we need to purchase the new database with the latest data for the world.

We searched originally for Europe data regarding cities etc.. but were unable to find a provider which matched our needs. We hope in the future it will be available.
Title: Re: Changes to UK navigation database for next version
Post by: Allocator on April 05, 2009, 11:36:02 AM
Quote from: ACW367 on April 05, 2009, 11:23:50 AM

As a further request is it possible to update the UK motorway system on the roads section of the database. Many of the UK motorways are not currently shown (like the M1). As a last reguest is it possible to get city outlines for the major UK cities included.


This must be fairly easy to do using Jordans Outline Maker?

Rod, any comments?

However, I can't really see much need for the Motorways to be displayed ....... or the city outlines?

I don't even usually display the Airports unless I'm zoomed in a lot to watch a particular airfield - just get too much clutter on the map.
Title: Re: Changes to UK navigation database for next version
Post by: ACW367 on April 05, 2009, 11:42:34 AM
Support, thanks for that update.  I accept this is currently beyond your control.
Title: Re: Changes to UK navigation database for next version
Post by: Allocator on April 05, 2009, 11:50:52 AM
Yep, the motorways are easy to produce.

Here is my first stab at the M1.out - not very good, as some of it is already there on the map.  I'll have another play later.
Title: Re: Changes to UK navigation database for next version
Post by: RodBearden on April 05, 2009, 12:03:25 PM
I'll leave motorways to you, Allocator - I'm quite happy just doing airfields and the occasional island ;-)

Rod
Title: Re: Changes to UK navigation database for next version
Post by: jgrloit on April 06, 2009, 11:18:39 PM
Allocator  - is the M1 there or is it the A1 - Also historically known as AIRFIELD1  as the emergency "Cold War" dispersal field.
You may notice some areas around that road have NO overhead cables, Very Little in the way of trees or bushes near the road - now you know why!!!
I understand a requirement still exists that ALL bridges be constructed to permit aircraft such as Tornados to TAXI under them.  Gateshead Council seemingly did this on the western bypass of the A1 before it was opened!!!