Hi guys !
Following the big problems of some AirNav servers for ACARS stuff, I wanted to know if it could be possible for the RadarBox to be an ACARS source for acarsd (through the network feature) ...
Thanks to tell me !!
LePousson
RadarBox does not detect ACARS transmissions, so I guess that the answer is no. Mode S/ADS-B works in a completely different way to ACARS.
But how does the "link between RB and ACARS Decoder 2.1" work ?
What does it consist in ?
LePousson
The AirNav ACARS Decoder is a separate software package. If you have ACARS Decoder and RadarBox, then you can choose to display the ACARS information within the RadarBox interface. You don't need RadarBox to run ACARS Decoder. I think that ACARS Decoder feeds its information to the RadarBox software via DDE - but I might be wrong.
See the RadarBox online help and look for ACARS in the Index.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/help/
Oh yes ... Thanks man for providing this link ...
LePousson
I see Waters and Stanton are advertising(In Monitoring Monthly) a new sotwareware package for Acars compatable with RB for £100 i can find no information on the net any body have any ideas what it is ? John