AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: RodBearden on April 13, 2009, 12:26:17 AM

Title: Actype and Airlines Databases
Post by: RodBearden on April 13, 2009, 12:26:17 AM
My turn to ask a silly question:

What are these two databases used for? They don't appear to be used for grid data, or for any validation. It's as if they are left over from an earlier project. Or have I missed something?

Also, what is the CM field in the Airlines database for? It containes values of 2, 1 or blank. Blowed if I can suss out what it means!

Rod
Title: Re: Actype and Airlines Databases
Post by: RodBearden on April 14, 2009, 07:57:17 PM
Bump - nobody's commented yet.

AirNav - anything to say about this?

Rod
Title: Re: Actype and Airlines Databases
Post by: jgrloit on April 14, 2009, 08:13:34 PM
I would hazard a guess that it has something to do with how frequently the software was to check the flight details, as many of those showing 2 started off as charter airlines, or are freight handlers - such as TNT and Fedex.
Title: Re: Actype and Airlines Databases
Post by: AirNav Support on April 14, 2009, 09:15:29 PM
Sorry missed this over the Easter break, too many choc eggs.

This is a left over in the database, it was designed to block out smaller airlines but it was never taken on board but still remains in the database.
Title: Re: Actype and Airlines Databases
Post by: RodBearden on April 14, 2009, 09:26:30 PM
Thanks for that - I assume you're talking about the CM code.

Can you answer the question about whether these two databases are actually used for anything at all?

Rod
Title: Re: Actype and Airlines Databases
Post by: AirNav Support on April 14, 2009, 09:29:46 PM
A bit confused, you mean the tables or what databases, what are they named?
Title: Re: Actype and Airlines Databases
Post by: RodBearden on April 14, 2009, 09:33:43 PM
The Actype and Airlines Tables in Navdata.

Sorry - I did mean Tables , not databases. - Terminoloogy jam!

Rod
Title: Re: Actype and Airlines Databases
Post by: AirNav Support on April 14, 2009, 10:17:41 PM
I think they are just backups of the main tables but they don't contain any data, just backups of the layout. I will confirm that from development.