Hi All,
recently KLM put into use some EMBRAER ERJ-190STD aircraft. (registration PH-EZA, PH-EZB).
This aircraft does not appear on the RB screen. So I am asking myself or this (brandnew) aircraft are fitted with ADS-B equipment.
Is there more knowledge about this on the forum?
Thank you in advance for your answer(s).
Boeing, Airbus have ADS-B fitted as standard on new aircraft and have done for a while but the operator can switch it off.
Embraer etc.. we don't think (don't quote us) they have ADS-B as standard yet however we feel that it won't be long before they do.
OK Support!
All clear and thank you for your fast reaction.
British Midland Embraers are also non-ADSB, and have never seen it on DLH ones either.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the ADSB is not required for aircraft under a certain weight, and this includes the Embraer aircraft, although this could change in the future.
Quote from: Spaice on April 16, 2009, 07:22:15 PM
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the ADSB is not required for aircraft under a certain weight, and this includes the Embraer aircraft, although this could change in the future.
The requirement for ADS-B (which only exists in a very small number of airspace areas) isn't dependent on weight AFAIK.
Quote from: Spaice on April 16, 2009, 07:22:15 PM
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the ADSB is not required for aircraft under a certain weight, and this includes the Embraer aircraft, although this could change in the future.
You may be confusing ADS-B with Mode S enhanced. I'm not sure if it has been fully implemented but this was the proposal by the CAA some years ago. Note the reference to aircraft mass.
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/7/DAP_SSM_Mode_S_SSR_Factsheet.pdf
Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the link makes for interesting reading.