Support,
Why does my home location follow me around the globe?
I presume your home location is on the backside of that globe, so remains visible "through" the globe. If it bothers you, use the Mercator projection instead, which I think gives a "better" representation of the globe on a flat surface!
I've used the Mercator projection but I get this big Blue line through the center of my screen.
Seems like another feature that does not work well.
Tarbat thanks for you help.
Does it appear in all map settings? or only Mercator projection.
Just Mercator for the Blue line.
It would appear to the border between Canada and USA has migrated south. If you turn on Country boundries it runs along the blue line. Looks like a problem with the map.
Or the Canadians are making thier move for world domination;-)
HTH John
edit the second pic makes it clearer
Would it help to say we didn't create the map :)
The map and navigation details update for 2009 is in the next planned update. When it goes into beta you can test it to see whether it has been fixed otherwise shout at us and we will shout at the map database company.
Good one John.
I still get it with Country boundries off.
Support,
I gota say it, What are you guys responsible for then.
I guess I am pushing it to day. Time for a drive through the country.
Quote from: AirNav Support on April 21, 2009, 04:58:53 PM
Would it help to say we didn't create the map :)
The map and navigation details update for 2009 is in the next planned update. When it goes into beta you can test it to see whether it has been fixed otherwise shout at us and we will shout at the map database company.
Now you know its a problem I'd hope you would check before its released to Beta and shout at the map database company before unhappy customers have to shout at you.
Quote from: kdt1 on April 21, 2009, 05:09:16 PM
I guess I am pushing it to day. Time for a drive through the country.
my work place uses the same tactics, its called passing the buck.
enjoy your drive, you are very near the edge at the moment.
Quote from: AirNav Support on April 21, 2009, 04:58:53 PMThe map and navigation details update for 2009 is in the next planned update. When it goes into beta you can test it to see whether it has been fixed otherwise shout at us and we will shout at the map database company.
ANSupport, you're really setting yourselves up for a fall - is this the same update that we were promised for general release in the New Year - I think we all thought you meant 2009, but now you say it hasn't even gone out to beta testers yet.................................
Many thanks for sorting my network subscription (entirely my fault!) cock up so promptly, I do realise you could have refused my request.
Yes we know there have been delays but we hope to include it, we apologise regarding the delay and can only thank you for your patience. Anyway we have discussed this a few times.
What is known is it is in development at the moment and we hope to release it as soon as we can.
A weekly update on update progress would save us having to keep chasing you............!
When we reach a important milestone such as going to beta testers and alpha with pictures we will pass them across.
Hmmmmm, sounds a long time off yet then :-(
Development is ongoing now, there won't be any milestones through that customers will understand and be helpful.
The beta test period is the last phase.
Thanks for that, but please keep us posted, otherwise it just gives the ANRB knockers a bigger heavier hammer to use on you!
Support,
What's your take on the betas last phase time frame? 1-2 Weeks
Hard to place a time line on that, as beta test period is where you check for issues, rectify them and then release a new beta and so on, it depends on the issues found. I would estimate a few weeks.
Hi ANSupport, many thanks for listening and the sticky.