AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: daveg4otu on April 24, 2009, 04:42:59 PM

Title: Linux and AirNav.
Post by: daveg4otu on April 24, 2009, 04:42:59 PM
Has anyone tried Airnav RB in Ubuntu Linux? - does it work? With or without Windows emulation?
Title: Re: Linux and AirNav.
Post by: Fenris on April 29, 2009, 04:47:17 PM
Quote from: daveg4otu on April 24, 2009, 04:42:59 PM
Has anyone tried Airnav RB in Ubuntu Linux? - does it work? With or without Windows emulation?

I've looked into it in general, and the answer is that Wine does not support USB devices, you need this so that the FTDI chip can be accessed to pass the data but the USB support was dropped some time ago and so far has not reappeared.

I'd love to have it working on my Linux box, but it seems it is not possible yet.
Title: Re: Linux and AirNav.
Post by: daveg4otu on April 29, 2009, 05:41:23 PM
Yes - I've tried to get it running  on Ubuntu - with WINE - but as you said- the problem is that one  can't install the USB drivers.