AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: viw on April 25, 2009, 09:18:43 AM

Title: Alerts reappearance
Post by: viw on April 25, 2009, 09:18:43 AM
Hello,

I am frequently using the alerts function - it works fine - but what I am missing is the possibility to make the alert "reappear" after the a/c is lost on the network (e.g. atlantic crossing).

Is there a setting for that function?

Would appreciate any help.

Regards  Gerald
Title: Re: Alerts reappearance
Post by: Allocator on April 25, 2009, 09:43:58 AM
Gerald,

Just confirm what you are trying to do?

You have the alert set and it alerts as a "live" MyFlights track - then it becomes a Network track, then you loose it over the Atlantic and you want it to alert when it appears on the Network on the other side of the Atlantic - is this correct?
Title: Re: Alerts reappearance
Post by: viw on April 25, 2009, 12:10:01 PM
Hello Allocator

that´s correct, I want the alert  to appear again on the other side of the Atlantic.

Title: Re: Alerts reappearance
Post by: Allocator on April 25, 2009, 01:15:49 PM
I'm sure that is what happens automatically.  I've watched aircraft from Singapore to the UK.  I get the alert when I first pick the aircraft up, then if it disappears off the Network, I get the alert again when it appears - I'm sure this is the way it works.
Title: Re: Alerts reappearance
Post by: viw on April 25, 2009, 02:32:03 PM
Just checked the alerts page again - do you clear the alerts log after receiving the desired a/c?

I didn´t do that - probably that´s the reason that the a/c didn´t pop up again?

I´ll give it a try.

Thanks for your support, I´ll report if it worked.

Regards Gerald
Title: Re: Alerts reappearance
Post by: jgrloit on April 25, 2009, 02:32:36 PM
Daft Question viw ....
Do you have Acitvate Alerts for Network Flights enabled?
Title: Re: Alerts reappearance
Post by: viw on April 25, 2009, 02:39:16 PM
Yes I do - the alerts I get succesfully are mostly generated out of the network.

I cleared my alerts log right now and I´m waiting for some flights to reach the NYC area.

Hope it works.
Title: Re: Alerts reappearance
Post by: Allocator on April 25, 2009, 03:16:31 PM
No, I didn't clear the Alert Log - but I don't really use this log.  I have "Play a sound" and "Show a message " ticked, so that I get the "beep" and the pop-up window when the aircraft appears again.

I do make extensive use of the Fleet Watch function though.  When I get an alert, I go to Fleet Watch, double click on the aircraft and the map jumps to centre on that aircraft.