AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: daveg4otu on April 29, 2009, 10:03:40 AM

Title: Damaged antenna - replacement needed
Post by: daveg4otu on April 29, 2009, 10:03:40 AM
Damaged antenna - replacement needed...

As  above - from whom- how much ?
any info welcomed.

MTIA
Title: Re: Damaged antenna - replacement needed
Post by: Hamish McTorsk on April 29, 2009, 11:08:17 AM
Go to ML&S with this link http://www.hamradio.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?page=search&PR=-1&TB=A&SS=bs1105&ACTION=Search

You will see the BS1100 and BS1105, I use the 1105 and can recomend it.
Title: Re: Damaged antenna - replacement needed
Post by: daveg4otu on April 29, 2009, 11:34:14 AM
Thanks - will probably go for that.
Title: Re: Damaged antenna - replacement needed
Post by: Hamish McTorsk on April 29, 2009, 11:38:11 AM
Dont forget to order the BNC-to-SMA adaptor pigtail.
Title: Re: Damaged antenna - replacement needed
Post by: EGNXR on April 29, 2009, 12:16:39 PM
Quote from: Hamish McTorsk on April 29, 2009, 11:38:11 AM
Dont forget to order the BNC-to-SMA adaptor pigtail.

HellO,
I recently purchased an 1105C which has all the correct fittings for RB supplied  from AOR at Matlock. So no need for patch lead, that will save you about £13.

HTH Cheers John
Title: Re: Damaged antenna - replacement needed
Post by: DAFO1711 on April 29, 2009, 09:27:46 PM
I bought the 1105 out of choice because I found the lead too thin on the aerial supplied with the RB.

The 1105 is well made and a lot more solid and costs around £40.00 - but dont forget the patch. A number of threads suggest that you need a BNC-SMA patch so that there is no loss but I also picked up a connector (BNC-SMA) in Maplin for a couple of quid and there was no difference.

I think the real reason is because the patch lead puts less strain on the sma plug on your RB.

The 1105 antenna picks up a lot more traffic than the RB one - I llive on top of Black Mountains and it can easily pick up traffic as far north as Manchester and south to France. - Really good antenna highly recommend.