Apologies if this is a daft question....
In the course of poking the software to see exactly what it does - I some how enabled a grid of seemingly random black lines (all over the world but with concentrations over Africa).
Couldn't seem to switch them of - in the end resorted to a System restore which reset the software -.
What were they (can't find any reference to them) ?
How did I enable them?
How do I swicth them off?
You probally turned on the day night shadow. Which places a shadow affect on the world where its dark (a darkish grid pattern)
No - wasn't that - looked like tracks but solid black lines perhaps as though it has saved a lot(thousands) of Worldwide flights then placed their recorded tracks on the screen.
I've been though the menus and can't replicate it again.
Don't know if I'm suffering the same proiblem or not but I get seemingly random lines appearing occasionally and the only way to clear them is shut program down and restart. Standard installation straight from CD onto a Samsung Netbook NC10. Box occasionally freezes as well but not that big an issue as most programs freeze at some point
Same here, several lines at once (same colour as the normal a/c tracking lines) randomly stretch across large expanses of the map. Stop/Start of the RB application always fixes the problem. Graphics card related perhaps? using Radeon 4850 here with Catalyst 08.12
Think WAL 2T is confusing the purple tracking lines with the purple rain post which isn't what Dave seems to be describing. Have a quick search for that.
Yes... the lines I was seeing were solid black about the thickness of the lines used for track lines but absolutely dead straight across thousands of miles.
However - it is possible that it is some kind of glitch - as the box itself has developed a fault (only just had it a few days) with it's receive sensitivity dropping suddenly by 75% or more .... range went down very suddenly Tuesday PM from over 150 miles to less than 50.
The change was dramatic - from 40 or 50 aircraft in the "My Flights" list suddenly down to 5 or 6 with no apparent reason.(This at about 1500Z- position almost right under RB and about 10 miles N of BHD- a busy spot.)
I thought"damaged antenna maybe" and purchased a new one which arrived today - but still no joy...so after talking to the supplier and W&S(very helpful guy there), the box is on it's way back for them to sort out what has gone wrong.
Hopefully it will get sorted out PDQ and I'll be able to play again very soon!
:(
Dave
Dave/Support - that's exactly the type of thing I am seeing occasionally, generally after the application has been running for some hours but never had any sensitivity problems with the RB unit itself.
Wal 2T.... I'm only adding 2 +2 and getting 5 when I say that the lines may - only may - be connected to my other more major problem.
Restarting either the software or the PC did not remove the lines - but a System restore back a day or two did - so I really don't know what the cause was ....
If had wanted to view network traffic from a location in (EG)Nigeria or Ecuador it would have been difficult as the lines at any location between about 20N and 20S were so numerous as to partially obliterate the map.... up here at 50N they were not a problem - but were just " there"!
Next time take a screenshot and send it to us.
Here's a very mild case of it: the bold line running from SW to NE. Sometimes the lines are more numerous as Dave has pointed out in his last post.
Cheers
Thats the purple rain case:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=671.0
Dave can you confirm thats what your seeing?
AirNav....
No not at all...
If you were to take that line - turn it black, make it solid - there multiply by a 1000 - on hundreds of random headings - then that would be what I had.
I'll try System restoring back to before I restored see if I can get them back
Well- that didn't work ...Sys restored back to before the "Lines" but only produced a "normal " ANRB map - mind - the box itself is presently AWOL on it's way to W&S for repair or whatever - so it's absence is a factor which may have some bearing.
Never mind - brain is struggling to keep up with all this - just had Mrs Dave's PC's guts exposed - fixed now - replaced CPU & chipset fans....enough for one day!
Ok no problem, if you see it again and its not the purple rain (or whatever colour you have chosen for active tracks) then screenshot and send it to us.
daveg4otu
Any thing like this.
Very similar except mine were black and covered the entire world from pole to pole.A lot more of them.
The image that kdt1 has posted is the purple rain affect except the active trail line has been set to be white. Can people please check those images and post regarding. As we had the same item repeated a few times in this thread.
daveg4totu is mentioning something different here if its totally covering the whole world and quite thick.
Just to expand a little on the description of what I had......
The lines were black - no matter whether using the Radar/Dark or light views.
They were dead straight- random - in other words not a "mesh" such as the night/day mesh.
They were less densely spread the further N or S of the Equator you went so that in the area of the UK there may be 20 or 30 showing but over central Afrrica/South East Asia/Northern SAM they were so tightly packed as to make the map image almost unusable.
There were less over the Oceanic areas .
To me it looked like masses(1000s) of aircraft tracks - but disproportionate to the areas ....ie: you would expect the biggest concentrations over N America and Eu rather than the middle of Africa-if they actually were flight tracks.
I tried every possible choice in all the menus to switch "it" off - no joy whatsoever- as I said initially ... only using SysRes cleared it.
I think I must be suffering from the "purple rain" (hope Prince or the artist formerly known as Prince or whatever he's calling himsellf these days) doesn't mind us nicking his song title to describe the problem. Found that changing the map projection clears the lines (you can revert back to original projection once clear).