Today I started up the RadarBox program, and almost immediately started getting numerous false registration alerts. The first time I received about 20 alerts for various aircraft that are not in my alert list, all in about 2 minutes. Of course, my virus protection program started going nuts because I received the same message numerous times. Could not end the program normally, had to use the Task Manager. I did a thorough file scan with my virus program, and that was OK. Started up RadarBox again, same thing. 38 alerts in about 2 minutes. Had to use the Task Manager to end the program.
I added one new registration number for a alert just before the problem began the first time, N3193G. Changed nothing else. Program had been running perfectly up until then.
Anybody know what is going on, and a fix for it?
Thanks!!
UPDATE: Did some exploring, and determined that the false alerts stopped when I unselected "registrations" in the Alerts section. It had to be something in my small list of registration alerts, to which I had added N3193G just before the problem began. I deleted all the registrations I had in the list, and re-entered them. Problem solved.
I'm guessing that I hit the Enter button after entering the last new registration and left that line blank, and this may have caused a "wild card" for a registration alert, and I began getting alerts for anything that was on the network and had a null registration entry. Moral of story: don't hit the "Enter" button to bring the cursor to a new empty line when entering alert registrations and then leave that line blank. That's just my guess as to what caused the problem, in case anyone else experiences a similar problem.
Hi GrizzFlyer,
You are right, that would have caused a wildcard issue and alerted you on everything. Glad its sorted.
Support - this sounds like a very easy "mistake" for a user to make - any chance of getting it to Development for a fix in version 2.1?
Rod