AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: John Hargreaves on May 08, 2009, 06:15:37 PM

Title: Copying my Aircraft Database on to a second computer
Post by: John Hargreaves on May 08, 2009, 06:15:37 PM
Try not to laugh too loud, but I need help on this one!
I am getting a second computer next week and want to download my current aircraft database on to it. I have added hundreds of aircraft manually and don't want to have to do it all again. I am not computer literate and would be grateful if anybody could explain to me, in simple English, how I can do this.

Thanks,

John H.
Title: Re: Copying my Aircraft Database on to a second computer
Post by: daveg4otu on May 08, 2009, 07:21:21 PM
Network the two PCs  - either via your router or via a network cable -  then set up your network (if using Windows ---START/Program/Accessories/Communications/Network Wizard,).

Once your two PCs can "see " each other on the Network just Copy/Paste  the files from one to the other - allowing the  files from the "Old PC" to overwrite those on the "New PC".