AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Canonjohns40D on May 12, 2009, 12:53:16 PM

Title: Polar Diagram
Post by: Canonjohns40D on May 12, 2009, 12:53:16 PM
Hi I have had two "spikes" showing on my polar diagram one to the west of my location and the other directly north. These appear to be from aircraft outside the maximum range rings but not excessivly so. I am content the signals were generated by aircraft rather than some of the obvious spurious spikes I have seen.

Anyhow my query is where did the Northern "spike" go? It no longer appears on the polar diagram, the radarbox has been running 24/7, with no change in the map selected, so I'm at a loss how the polar diagram changed? The western spike remains and the rest of the diagram seems the same but no Northern spike!!

I am interested as this is the second time it has disappeared, any thoughts?

John
Title: Re: Polar Diagram
Post by: tarbat on May 12, 2009, 03:47:09 PM
Any chance that you pressed the "Clear/Reset Polar Diagram" button in Preferences?
Title: Re: Polar Diagram
Post by: Canonjohns40D on May 12, 2009, 04:04:42 PM
HI tarbat pretty sure that's a no as the remainder of the diagram was as before.

John
Title: Re: Polar Diagram
Post by: tarbat on May 12, 2009, 04:09:14 PM
Another possibility is that you didn't close down RB cleanly.  The polar chart data is only written to the D012.dat file when you close RB.

You could look at the contents of the D012.dat file in the ANRB data folder, and see what values are around the northerly direction.