AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: mdobuk21 on May 12, 2009, 04:50:21 PM

Title: Antenna connection to box
Post by: mdobuk21 on May 12, 2009, 04:50:21 PM
Hi guys
Just a quick question how tight should the antenna connection be to the back of the box?

Cheers mark
Title: Re: Antenna connection to box
Post by: malc41 on May 12, 2009, 04:52:26 PM
No more than finger tight, ensuring the centre pin is pushed right forward
Title: Re: Antenna connection to box
Post by: mdobuk21 on May 12, 2009, 05:05:37 PM
Cheers, the reason I ask is when I connected it finger tight I was receiving around 50 messages per second then when I loosened it a bit it went upto to the mid 100s
Title: Re: Antenna connection to box
Post by: malc41 on May 12, 2009, 05:39:24 PM
It is all down to what kind of connection you get from the centre copper coloured pin. If you find it gives better receiving with half a turn back then leave it there.

It is just not a good idea to take for example a small spanner to the nut and tighten until your knuckles go white :-)