AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: ian on May 14, 2009, 12:13:55 AM

Title: Database for newcomer
Post by: ian on May 14, 2009, 12:13:55 AM
I have a new radar box. I assumed that, when receiving a message, the software first checks your database and then, if it doesn't find the aircraft, it goes online and finds the info. If I receive a Hex code and aircraft but part of the information for that aircraft is incomplete ( eg. operator or aircraft type), and I fill in the missing info using database explorer, I had assumed that, now my database is correct, the next time the aircraft appears I will get the whole information displayed. However, I find that the next day frequently the data for that aircraft still shows incomplete and my data base (in data base explorer) has reverted to iits incomplete form. Am I doing anything wrong?
Title: Re: Database for newcomer
Post by: malc41 on May 14, 2009, 08:00:23 AM
Ian

The database and updating has many quirks, it is worth seraching this forum as the subject has been covered many times before.

If that doesn't help Allocator or Rod i'm sure will give you some guidance

Title: Re: Database for newcomer
Post by: tarbat on May 14, 2009, 08:07:32 AM
Take a look at the support video "Using Database Explorer to Edit Records" at http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/video/

The support video gives hints and tips on ensuring that your database changes "stick".  Most important is to click on another record after making the changes to commit the changes you've made.
Title: Re: Database for newcomer
Post by: malc41 on May 14, 2009, 09:27:06 AM
Thanks Tarbat knew it was somewhere