AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Brimon on May 20, 2009, 03:54:31 PM

Title: Chat Forum.
Post by: Brimon on May 20, 2009, 03:54:31 PM
I keep looking at the "intresting aircraft" posts in this forum,but by the time I get to it the "interesting aircraft" have long gone!!

Made me think it would be good to have a chat forum on here where we could share aircraft & tips in real time. Has it ever been discussed, or indeed are there any such groups for Radarbox already about?
Title: Re: Chat Forum.
Post by: daveg4otu on May 20, 2009, 04:42:33 PM
Various  Groups on Yahoo for Mode S   fans --- if you're into Military then Military Airband  covers Mode S as does Reachunters_Int ..for more general interest Mode_S at Yahoo   also  available.

The two mil groups do  cover "heads-up" type of postings - and  I've managed to see a few things I otherwise may have missed  .
Title: Re: Chat Forum.
Post by: Brian on May 20, 2009, 04:58:49 PM
Here is the direct link to the YahooGroups.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/reachhunters_int/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mode_S/

Another large group for Military posts.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RadioMonitors/

Can also go to this page. and Do a search for "ADS-B" or "ModeS" , "Mode-S"
http://groups.yahoo.com/

I also notice the RadarSpotters RadarBox Users Forum has a chatroom(Shoutbox) built into the forum page frame.
http://radarspotters.eu/forum
Title: Re: Chat Forum.
Post by: Brimon on May 20, 2009, 06:40:46 PM
Thanks guys appreciate that,will give them a look over.