AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: stevebarker12 on May 23, 2009, 10:08:14 AM

Title: Map Plotted vs Unplotted flights
Post by: stevebarker12 on May 23, 2009, 10:08:14 AM
I tracked an aircraft on the map after take off - but then it timed-out (probably due to obstructions) But it eventually reappeared on the list - but disappeared totally off the map.
My question: will all aircraft turn off/turn on their position & so be intermittent on the map?
I thought that a/c detected would either be permanently off or permanently on the map?
Can anyone adise?
Kind Regards
Steve
Title: Re: Map Plotted vs Unplotted flights
Post by: EGNXR on May 24, 2009, 01:34:34 AM
Hi Steve,

I've just been looking at my screen after  reading this post and your right. I just had 5 aircraft in my flights 1 non ADSB D-ALCH + 4 ABSB G-BMRB G-FZDF PH-AAX + G-OOBC

only G-BMRB was showing on map before it disapeared at the edge of my polar diagram near the Wash (east coast) the other 3 were showing in myflights for a couple of minutes before they started to appear at various points on my polar diagram moving inland.

So it appears as if the signal for flight ID (hex code) is stronger than that for the position data, thats the only way I can explain what I've just seen.
Or is it the ID is constant but position is dependant on a request from a ground station?
I know there is a delay set in preferances for how long a flight stays in mylog after signal is lost but I cant explain the other way around.

HTH John
Title: Re: Map Plotted vs Unplotted flights
Post by: jonjorobb on May 24, 2009, 07:33:29 AM
Would also like to why this is

Jonjo
Title: Re: Map Plotted vs Unplotted flights
Post by: AirNav Support on May 24, 2009, 10:25:17 AM
The specific messages with the positional data are longer than those just for the Flight ID and altitude.

Therefore as you approach the edge of your reception the positional messages are harder to reciever (longer therefore more likely to be corrupted). So its likely aircraft will appear with a globe on the MyFlights list first and then appear with positional details and then without a globe as it leaves your reception area.
Title: Re: Map Plotted vs Unplotted flights
Post by: DaveReid on May 24, 2009, 10:37:01 AM
Quote from: AirNav Support on May 24, 2009, 10:25:17 AM
The specific messages with the positional data are longer than those just for the Flight ID and altitude.

I think you mean squawk and altitude - those are the two data items that are sent in 56-bit Mode S messages.  Flight ID is always sent in a 112-bit message, although of course that normally only needs to be decoded successfully once as it shouldn't change in mid-flight.
Title: Re: Map Plotted vs Unplotted flights
Post by: LiveATC on May 24, 2009, 02:58:43 PM
in  my  map there are  places where  marks disappear from  airplanes, and then they  appear after a while  . I suspect that errors are in the coordinate scale  of map.