AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: plane_mad on May 23, 2009, 06:09:26 PM

Title: new user...and stuck!!
Post by: plane_mad on May 23, 2009, 06:09:26 PM
Hiya everyone...I'm a new user and I got my AirNav Radarbox yesterday. Installed the disk and connected it up to my laptop. Is it suppose to work straight away?? If so mine isn't and I have no idea what is wrong!!

There is a yellow box at the bottom of the page with hardware:checking...what does this mean?

Plane_mad
Title: Re: new user...and stuck!!
Post by: dca on May 23, 2009, 06:23:58 PM
What operating system are you using?
Title: Re: new user...and stuck!!
Post by: RodBearden on May 23, 2009, 06:30:46 PM
Hi Mr Mad and welcome!

Have you checked out this drivers video? it's only short, and may help - (scroll to the bottom of the page)

http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/video/ (http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/video/)

Rod
Title: Re: new user...and stuck!!
Post by: daveg4otu on May 23, 2009, 06:43:35 PM
Sounds like you have not installed the drivers.....

Sequence..
1:Install software.
2:Connect box to  computer and antennna to box.
3:Install hardware  drivers.
Title: Re: new user...and stuck!!
Post by: plane_mad on May 23, 2009, 07:21:22 PM
I've just checked the drivers and they are installed correctly...I am using windows vista! does this make any difference?

Plane_Mad
Title: Re: new user...and stuck!!
Post by: plane_mad on May 23, 2009, 07:35:29 PM
Horray...I got it working...I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it again!
WHOO HOO!!!!

Plane_Mad
Title: Re: new user...and stuck!!
Post by: RodBearden on May 23, 2009, 08:53:50 PM
Excellent - well done!

If you have installed from the CD, check which version you have - if your title bar says RadarBox 2008, then upgrade it to 2009 from this page (do the full install, not the upgrade): http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html (http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html).

With Vista, it's advisable to not install in the default location, but to a folder such as C:\AirNav: see this FAQ: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1570.0 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1570.0).

Happy RadarBoxing!

Rod